First Game

Community Forums/Showcase/First Game

mkg(Posted 2011) [#1]
Ooh this is exciting! I’ve finally actually finished a game. It’s a simple little one shot game. I think it’s fun when you get into the rhythm of it.

It’s called …

OMG HEAL YOU SPAWNED THING!!!

It’s to be released as a free game.

I’d be grateful if you’d:
Download the beta from
www.fizzhog.com/beta/omghyst_beta_0.900.zip
Read the read me
Play the game a few times
Let me know how it runs and what PC and OS you’re using
Let me know of any problems
Let me know what you think

Hope you have fun

Last edited 2011

GfK(Posted 2011) [#2]
I don't get it, and it made my eyes hurt.

Warpy(Posted 2011) [#3]
I don't get it either. Well, I get it as much as there's anything to get, but that isn't much. Clearly you get it, but I really don't.

It's hard to see which creatures your spell is going to affect. Do all the explosions actually do anything? It seems there's no feedback when you cast a spell. Why would I ever want to dismiss a spell? When you move the targeting circle, how does it pick where it should go?

I'm the last person who should be complaining that a game doesn't make sense, but I can't see how or why you'd play this game.

Well done for doing what you set out to achieve, but I don't know what kind of feedback you were expecting.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2011) [#4]
..is this a joke?? There is no link or anything to...try...

EDIT:
Ok, found link :) and congrats, but i have no clue whats going on here.. :)

Last edited 2011

Matty(Posted 2011) [#5]
Don't know who mkg is but his last post before this thread was over a year or two ago it looks like...are we sure his account hasn't been hacked...no screenshots...maybe I'm just paranoid but we've seen this sort of thing before...

mkg(Posted 2011) [#6]
@Matty - nothing fishy here honest :) Just that I haven't posted for a while. Silly of me not to include a screenshot - I've now added one.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2011) [#7]
I do unerstand people became careful, after some issues around here. Some things to check frequently: is it a plain Blitz3D EXE? Or is it moleboxed? Is the person discussing programming topics or did he just pop up to offer a download? Is the webspace anonymous? Did the person release other things and is his style similar?Was he banned or did he leave in anger?

People who test a lot of downloads probably should use a seperate test machine, as some kind of sandbox. There are software sandboxes as well, but I think a seperate machine is easier and won't make any troubles.

Matty(Posted 2011) [#8]
Sorry mkg - just paranoid on my part...

Foppy(Posted 2011) [#9]
There are some nice effects and greek writings on the wall but like others I couldn't really see what I was doing and what was going on. Maybe the camera should be fixed and further back so you can see everything. The view seemed to jump around a lot, or the group of characters is changing all the time?

Last edited 2011