Minesweeper one limit (infinite grid)

Community Forums/Showcase/Minesweeper one limit (infinite grid)

BlitzProg(Posted 2011) [#1]
I have made a minesweeper with an interesting concept: it doesn't have any border. It goes on indefinitely and there is no end to it! The only limit is how good you are as it gets harder as you get away from the center :)

The game is shareware and the price is $10, but there is still a good demo version with reduced features for you to try. :)
http://mol.blitzspace.com

Here are some images of the full version...

No borders in infinite mode, it's the same for any side.

If you want to see an end to your games, you could still try borders, just like classic... but if you STILL hate borders, how about warp-around mode?

Oh, and if you wonder what the special challenge looks like, well it starts fairly easily.

It quickly raise in temperature.

Now your brain is melting

---

By the way, do you want a seamless texture?

here you go!

Have fun ^_^

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

Warpy(Posted 2011) [#2]
Nice! I've been meaning to write something like this for a while.

- Is the solution provably unique?

- It would be nice to be able to resize the window.

- Double-clicking on a revealed square should reveal all the adjacent squares. I'd like to click and drag to move around the board as well.

- $10 is a bit much these days. I'd probably pay $5 though.

BlitzProg(Posted 2011) [#3]
I'm afraid i don't know what you mean by solution. :O
Edit: if you are talking about different clue setups, yes, some of them may lead to a different setup of mines, forcing you to guess. But this don't really matter in a game mode where revealing all cells isn't a requirement. (also using warp-around on classic makes it occur less often as are lot of setups needing a guess occur on borders)

Resizable window is possible in full version

you can reveal all adjacent squares by either clicking using both buttons or using the middle mouse button.

I'll consider reducing the price after I get more games up. I'm really new in the game market and $10 seemed like a price that most authors of games of that kind like to set. :)

Last edited 2011