New game: Star Castle

Community Forums/Showcase/New game: Star Castle

Sokurah(Posted 2010) [#1]
Here's a remake of ‘Star Castle’. My third remake this year. :)

‘Star Castle’ is a space-shooter, where the object is to destroy the central cannon, by shooting through the rotating rings surrounding it – the castle.

The original game was a black and white vector graphics arcade game made by Cinematronics in 1980.

Click here for the page on my site.

Click here for a direct download link (6.46 MB)

A couple of pictures.

Last edited 2010

Last edited 2011

MGE(Posted 2010) [#2]
ah man...I used to rule this game in the arcade. Downloading now, thanks for doing the remake! :)

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#3]
Looks awesome!

Doggie(Posted 2010) [#4]
Too hard to control the spaceship but that's probably just me. I never liked the asteroids type control it just feels too loose. But a good looking nicely made game.

Jesse(Posted 2010) [#5]
where is the mac version?

Sokurah(Posted 2010) [#6]
where is the mac version?

In my head somewhere. I do have a Mac but unfortunately I'm mostly a Windows persona and there's so many things I haven't had time to look into Mac-wise, like how to make a DMG file, how to give it the icon I want and other stuff. Easy if you know how, I'm sure...but I don't

It doesn't help that I'm using ETNA for the online highscores and it doesn't work on Mac. I've asked about an alternative so that won't hold me back, but no one seems to be able to help.

So I just keep working on the PC stuff.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#7]
It looks great!

Chugs40(Posted 2010) [#8]
Ahh yes, Star Castle I remeber this in the arcades as a kid. Your version looks great! Will definately give it try soon! :)

Tachyon(Posted 2010) [#9]
Wow, really good stuff! How did you make it...I mean, how did you create the glowing 2D vector lines??

Amanda Dearheart(Posted 2010) [#10]
@Sokurah,

what is ETNA?

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#11]
ETNA is a free library that provides an easy way to do online highscores for blitzmax games under Windows.

Sokurah(Posted 2011) [#12]
Wow, really good stuff! How did you make it...I mean, how did you create the glowing 2D vector lines??

@Tachyon

I posted the code I'm using, here. Several other people has posted good code in that thread, too.
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=90644#1031966

Now, go make a cool game for us. :-D