Miner Disturbance Remake : Hyper Volcano Lite

Community Forums/Showcase/Miner Disturbance Remake : Hyper Volcano Lite

BlitzProg(Posted 2010) [#1]
The project has started in september/october 09 and is still going on. This is a remake of a java game from funorb, originally completly personnal, that I then decided to share in june 2010. It's reuses a very similar engine I rewrote from scratch, with only a few differences, the most noticable one is the fact the game runs at 60fps, while the original was only 50. :)

Your aim is to dig in a volcano and escape from it with your pockets filled of valuables. But the volcano, as you might espect, isn't really a safe place to be! Sooner or later, it will ... icerupt.

Here are some screenshots.

The nice replay system allow you to download and upload demo to/from the website.

It also has a lot of achievements so you can't get bored that easily:

you can download the game here.
http://mdhv.blitzspace.com/indexnew.php?page=get
Current version is 1.1B. it's a zip archive that you have to unarchive, you'll then be able to play without any installation required. Enjoy :)

Chugs40(Posted 2010) [#2]
Looks great - will check it out after work! I dig the old school remakes!

Dabhand(Posted 2010) [#3]
Very good!

Dabz

Steve Elliott(Posted 2010) [#4]
Cool :D

JustLuke(Posted 2010) [#5]
Looks great!

Naughty Alien(Posted 2010) [#6]
sooo cutsie :)

Playniax(Posted 2010) [#7]
Very nice!

Grey Alien(Posted 2010) [#8]
Love this sort of game (Motherlode (Flash game) was excellent. Downloading now.

BlitzProg(Posted 2010) [#9]
Well, I did start off BlitzMax with the project of making a remake of MotherLoad. It went well, but my lack of multiplayer code experience and insufficient organisation caused it to be scrapped.

(Although I doubt i'd have trouble restarting and finishing it now. lol)

Grey Alien(Posted 2010) [#10]
Ha, what a good guess of mine! Now I'm even more looking forward to playing your game.

BlitzProg(Posted 2010) [#11]
The next update for Hyper Volcano Remake will be 1.1C and I aim to release it next week ( 22 December )

It will feature more achievements (from 48 to 75) and the ability to load new volcanoes from files. :)

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#12]
Just tried 1.1C, brilliant fun!