Medieval4D - Demo

Community Forums/Showcase/Medieval4D - Demo

6(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi everyone,

A demo version,( export disabled ), of Medieval4D is now available. You can download the demo and a free model from here.

There is also a quick introduction to Medieval4D on Youtube.

About Medieval4D
The Medieval4D tool set is a combination of both a simple 3D modeling program and a ‘core’ catalogue of pre-built 3D objects and textures. To create medieval structures such as houses, Inns, shops etc, you simply drag and drop these objects in to the modeler then move/rotate/scale/texture them as you see fit. You can then export the finished model in .x format to be used directly in your games.

If you're interested in Medieval4D and would like to know when its ready for purchase, please register a here

Thanks

Last edited 2010

stayne(Posted 2010) [#2]
Looks very cool, haven't tried the demo yet. Is there a lightmapping option(or plans for it if not)?

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#3]
Looks well designed, nice UI.

Gabriel(Posted 2010) [#4]
Looks very sexy. Does it generate normal and specular maps as well or just diffuse maps?

SLotman(Posted 2010) [#5]
Too bad it only exports to .X - If it exported to 3DS, Max, B3D... anything I could throw into 3D Max to actually work with would be much more useful :(

6(Posted 2010) [#6]
Is there a lightmapping option(or plans for it if not)?

There is no lightmapping, but Gile[s] handles the .x files well and probably does a better job of it than what I could achieve. I'll be making a tutorial on to use exported files in Gile[s] soon.

Does it generate normal and specular maps as well or just diffuse maps?

Medieval4D was written in blitz3d so there aren't any decent options for displaying including normal and spec maps. Ideally I'd like to port this tool to a dx9 engine and then include some proper shader support. So, at the moment we're just using diffuse maps.

Too bad it only exports to .X - If it exported to 3DS, Max, B3D... anything I could throw into 3D Max to actually work with would be much more useful :(

There are still a lot of things to add to Medieval4D and I do recognise that there is a requirement for other export formats so I'll be adding in Collada and B3D formats just as soon as I have time.

For addtional planned features, see click here!

slenkar(Posted 2010) [#7]
downloading...

the beggining of the youtube video sounds like a BBC/Snooker announcer lol :)

Last edited 2010

The interface is very intuitive right-click to rotate just like Wings3D
and selecting pieces works as I would expect

Last edited 2010

danjo(Posted 2010) [#8]
excellent work

RifRaf(Posted 2010) [#9]
Medieval4D was written in blitz3d so there aren't any decent options for displaying including normal and spec maps.

I guess thats true for vanilla B3D but, you could easily use B3D for specular and bump mapping, if you used the fastext lib.

The lib is well worth the small investment.