HsDraw - Free Anaglyph 3D Drawing Source for Bmax

Community Forums/Showcase/HsDraw - Free Anaglyph 3D Drawing Source for Bmax

Chugs40(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hello,

Free HsDraw Anaglyph 3D drawing struct source for BlitzMax

Look at this image with Magenta/Green 3D glasses and you'll see it works! - well if you have some... You could probably use other glasses - just filp 'em so the depth and lenses are correct.

As many may know by now I've been making anaglyph 3D games for use with magenta/green glasses. I've had people in the past inquire about how I do it. Well, it's all done with lightblending, as you will see with this free source! Build and run the HsDraw3D.bmx source in the IDE that I have provided in the zip below. It's a little demo showing how draw text, images and images in perspective. Includes the HsDraw structure with all the functions for setting left\right lenses, image params, and drawing.

Get this free source here:
http://www.hsretrogames.com/development/anaglyph3D.zip

Now, this isn't high tech or anything - I'm not real high tech, but it's fun and if you have the means (3D glasses) I would like to see what you can do with it, maybe a little a game or a cool image to look at!

Enjoy! :)

Last edited 2010

Last edited 2010

MGE(Posted 2010) [#2]
Good stuff mate, thx for sharing. Wish I had time to play with bmx again.

Chugs40(Posted 2010) [#3]
thanx, no probs.

QuickSilva(Posted 2010) [#4]
Thanks for that, looks like fun. I`ll be sure to take a look.

Thanks for sharing :)

Jason.

Chugs40(Posted 2010) [#5]
glad to share it! Anyone done anything with it?

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#6]
Looks like brilliant fun, might be putting some Magenta/Green 3D glasses on my chrimbo list.

Chugs40(Posted 2010) [#7]
Yes, get some glasses - it's quite fun! I forgot to mention there's a function to tweak the colors to where you could probably use any anaglyph 3D glasses - such as red/green, red/blue, red/cyan and blue/yellow glasses - I just don't have the other glasses to tweak the colors. I guess I may need more 3D glasses on my chrimbo list as well!

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#8]
Cool, I'm sure we've some red/green glasses kicking about somewhere.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#9]
My daughter has just tried your image in this thread and her initial response was "Whoa thats cool....", downloading the source now.

Chugs40(Posted 2010) [#10]
Thanks for check'n it out! I hope you and your daughter dig it!

The games I've made with this are'nt to bad either! (shameless self promotion) Anaglyph 3D by any means is not state of the art these days, but, at least you don't have to spend a fortune to enjoy a little 3D!

Blitzogger(Posted 2011) [#11]
Move to thread found here.

Blitzogger

Last edited 2011

Chugs40(Posted 2011) [#12]
I'm going to post this in my thread as well.

You can assign several colors using the draw_in_3d global like this:

Sorry for the delay in response :)

Sometimes you gotta experiment with the color offsets to get them just right.

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011