Fishbait the worm

Community Forums/Showcase/Fishbait the worm

grindalf(Posted 2010) [#1]
This a little Platform Game I've been working on for a while, I was hoping to sell it when its finished(If I finish it :P)
How much do you think I could charge for this sort of game?

There is a small demo available if people could please try it and let me know what they think(graphics, gameplay, music, how well it plays ect)

its not a full level(about half a level) the slopes don't work and the collisions are a little off, probably a few more bugs, but I wanted to know peoples opinions before I put all my free time into it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cdtz42pphzdkh8c

:EDIT I should mention that the level and worm graphics are done by me
the music enemies and items are done by a friend of mine called Lotusware
contact him here( harris_damian@... ) for job offers

Last edited 2010

Last edited 2010

RifRaf(Posted 2010) [#2]
Looking good so far, I think you would do the game justice by adding many more frames to the animations. In 2D games like this I really like to see attention to detail in small cute character animations.

Last edited 2010

Chugs40(Posted 2010) [#3]
Just tried it. it's a cute little side scroller - i think.

Played well on my little mini netbook. You, should finish it. I think everyone should finish what they start, eventually. Something can be learned from every project completed.

As for price, could'nt tell ya at this point - probably under $5. Especially with everything else out there now a days.

Good Luck! :)

Jesse(Posted 2010) [#4]
I tried it but it did like 1fps per second on my daughter's NetBook. When I tried to jump down from where it started, it exited the game.
It looks nice though.

cyberyoyo(Posted 2010) [#5]
nice start, here is my criticism:
-movement way too slow
-there is a glitch at the end (I get a corrupted screen instead of background)

Dabhand(Posted 2010) [#6]
In its current form, erm, I wouldnt pay for it... But, that is a nice start to the game mind! ;)

I'd make the worm a tadge faster when moving, and also contemplate adding slopes to the game world, it'll make it more, more... Bugger, cannot think of the word... We'll just say better eh! :D

Dabz

grindalf(Posted 2010) [#7]
@ Dabhand - Yeah its still in early development :P there is actually a couple of slopes at the end of the demo but I haven't programmed them yet so they act like stairs.

@ Cyberyoyo - Ok I will speed it up. I will look into the glitch , Thanks :D

@ Jesse - Sorry to hear that, Im not really sure what to do about that :(

@ Chugs40 - Thanks :D under 5$ ok thats a good start :D

@ RifRaf - The part I hate the most is doing the graphics but I will see about adding in some more frames, Thanks :D

Thanks for the feedback :D