Candy World IV : The Lillians Planet

Community Forums/Showcase/Candy World IV : The Lillians Planet

Xilvan(Posted 2010) [#1]

Firstly found on my worklog, Candy World IV : The Lillians Planet gets a new launch this december.

No price yet, maybe free. In the next few months, it will gets closer to completion, but a version 5 namely Candy World V will be started after. For the moment, CW4 v0.60 got launched this month on cnet and many download website, including the one of me.

The new Raynor Castle is ready to visit, 4 new worlds.

More to come !

Ross C(Posted 2010) [#2]
Erm, is there anything to actually show?

Xilvan(Posted 2010) [#3]
Actually, images, demos and a video are available for the game.

As you can see, i've shown the official logo of the game.

I'm preparing the 0.75th version of this game for the next month and final version in three.

Logo of Xilvan Design got redesigned for better look.

GfK(Posted 2010) [#4]
No price yet, maybe free
Always good to see a solid, well-planned strategy.

big10p(Posted 2010) [#5]
As you can see, i've shown the official logo of the game.
It looks identical to the logo of your other games. What am I missing?

Jesse(Posted 2010) [#6]
Here we go again. LOL

LineOf7s(Posted 2010) [#7]
It looks identical to the logo of your other games. What am I missing?

There's clearly a "IV" there. It's totally different. Sheesh. ;o)

For his faults, though, you can't help but give him props for keeping on keeping on.

Alesk(Posted 2010) [#8]
I hope it will be at least as amazing as the previous versions ;)

Xilvan(Posted 2010) [#9]
New videos are available in my website: One for Candy World IV : The Lillians Planet and one for Lights of Dreams : The Angelical Blade.

I have to make a list of ideas for those games.

Have a good view !

Last edited 2010

MGE(Posted 2010) [#10]
Finally!

ShadowTurtle(Posted 2010) [#11]
Whoa.. a watter diving dog (see trailer)! It must be a hot dog! :)

Edit: Compared to other things i have see so far, at 2:15 the video begins to be epic ( but is not realy long :/ ). The quality of the music (above 2:15) is realy powerfull. Nice!

Last edited 2010

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2010) [#12]
To the uninitiated, this appears identical to your previous 20 'releases'.

John Cage(Posted 2010) [#13]
Graphics are nice - but you should consider to change the audio tracks, really. Don't like the music at all, sorry.

- jc

Drak(Posted 2010) [#14]
ELEVENTH trailer?

Ok, I watched some of those "trailers". I'm totally confused. All they show is either a dog or a guy racing around empty landscapes at a very unrealistic pace. I mean, the 2 dog videos show no gameplay at all. I don't know what the goal is, what the gate\portal things are, or what you're trying to do in that game. A trailer is supposed to get people to download\purchase\get excited\play a game, and frankly those videos don't do any of that, they have the opposite effect to me, and I find them quite boring.

The music in the dog videos was not to my liking, either.

No one wants to watch a guy or dog walk around jumping for 9 minutes. Create a SHORT video (like less than 2 minutes) and actually show some gameplay and fun stuff in it. That will have more of an effect than a super long video that is too long to even finish.

Your version numbering system is confusing to me as well. Why do you have so many different versions available? Release a game when it's done. Don't release a half a game, or unfinished games. Even a demo should be fully functional even if it's only 1 or 2 levels.

Xilvan(Posted 2010) [#15]
Recently, I've added two new worlds to Candy World IV...

As promised they are now presented on my website.

As showed on those screenies, A The Windmill world and a Woodpecker forest.

Last edited 2010

Robert Cummings(Posted 2010) [#16]
Can you guys stop criticising him because he wants to do things differently? He didn't ask for feedback.

It's his world and thats the fun part of making your own games. You should know when not to bother offering advice.

I for one think he's made something rather surreal and its his own thing so good luck to Xylvan.

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#17]
Xylvan: I have said this many times, please consider sticking all of your models in a pack and sell them. I would definitely buy them. No jokes, I really love your modeling style.

Dabhand(Posted 2010) [#18]
Got to agree with a few comments, the artwork is great, baring a couple of niggles in the animations, but overall, a million times better then anything I could produce, so it's a big thumbs up from me.

Also, I agree that its his baby, and its his life, and as such, if he's having fun, then where's the big problem?

If he did want feedback regarding whats what with the mechanics of his game, then yeah, I'd have a few negatives to share, but he doesnt, so I wont.

Simples!

Dabz

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2010) [#19]
My only criticism is the volume and frequency of the threads he creates on the same game. It amounts to spam, and IIRC Skid asked him to ask first before posting more of it.

Xilvan(Posted 2010) [#20]
I'm working toward entirely new game. Its like a suite ! I come officially each week to share my though about my games with the other blitzean.

Actually, The Windmill world is entirely new to me and many other gamers.

In the next few months, a new version will be out with more content and variety.

Hope this help !

Last edited 2010