Heart Rate super imposed onto GPS co-ords

Community Forums/Showcase/Heart Rate super imposed onto GPS co-ords

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#1]
I'd a little snagget whereby my min latitude was 0. Fixed that, okay it is still in its infancy - but this shows lats & longs with heart rate super imposed (the height of the pillars equates to heart rate).

Grey Alien(Posted 2010) [#2]
Pretty sweet dude.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#3]
Entered some logic to vary the colour of the pillars depedant on the heart rate at a given point & locate where the 'map' needs to be in 3D space so that it nestles at the bottom of the vertical pillars. Next, dig into some sort of Geolocation malarky.

Hmm, apparently:

A georeference file simply records the position of one
corner of the image and the size (in the real world) that
each pixel would represent on the ground.

This is my starter for 10:-

http://www.centremapslive.co.uk/files/autocad_images.pdf

ICECAP(Posted 2010) [#4]
Is this all based off reading a file? Or can this be used in a realtime situation too?

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#5]
@ICECAP, currently this is based on reading from a file. Therefore the data has laready been processed. It would be feasible to build some hardware that would feed GPS co-ords to say a laptop that was strapped to the pannier of a bike - however I presume you'd be more interested in 'realtime' plotting within some type of vehicle so you could actually see the realtime generation of the data?

Anyways, added altitude data now - I've exaggerated the 'altitude' to be able to see the relatively minor differences around a 2.5 mile circuit (from lowest to highest points is around only 10 metres.)

Last edited 2010