News about Arkhelom 3D

Community Forums/Showcase/News about Arkhelom 3D

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#1]
After several months of progress in its development, Arkhelom 3D is nearing completion. In a few weeks I have prepared a demo version and the game will be for sale. I'm looking for distributors for the game.

Although initially the game was going to be a system of free megaupload downloads, I'm finally going to market Arkehlom 3d with the traditional system of sales, with competitive pricing and trying to reach people through a distributor.

Anyway, in addition to the game, periodically I will be putting free content for the game through the website www.dreamssoftgames.com, like new levels, ships or loops for the game.

I added two new items:

- Time Stop: slow down for a few seconds allowing time to escape difficult situations.
- Capture Ray: can convert enemy ships that shoot at allied ships with our craft and improve their destructive power. Each ship will inherit the characteristics and type of shooting the enemy ship captured.

Here's a link to the promotional video I have prepared: Click here!

stayne(Posted 2010) [#2]
Man this made my day. GOOD WORK! I can't even imagine how much work went into it.

GfK(Posted 2010) [#3]
Nice looking game, awful music.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#4]
Yeah, pretty awesome looking game - and the music is in keeping with the frantic action of the game - I think...

SLotman(Posted 2010) [#5]
Whoa! Well done!

Axel Wheeler(Posted 2010) [#6]
Amazing. The attention to detail is excellent; I especially like the flowing particle system. So realistic!

The music might repel some players but as long as you can turn it down it should be fine. It sounds like real guitar work; is it?

I couldn't hear any sound effects over the music; are there any?

Nice work, Luis!

stayne(Posted 2010) [#7]
Maybe the music was layered in with the video as a soundtrack as there are tons of scene cuts and the music continues uninterrupted.

Axel Wheeler(Posted 2010) [#8]
Doh! Good point. Of course you're right... (it would be some impressive editing otherwise :-)

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#9]
Thanks for your comments. It is true that much work but I think the game looks good finally. The truth is that music video is not mine, is the service AudioSwap of Youtube. I chose this song because I think it is appropriate to the frantic action of Arkhelom. The video is recorded without sound.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2010) [#10]
Well I like the music and the game look great!

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#11]
Now is available the Demo Version of Arkhelom 3D. Click here!

You can also buy the game from the website. Now I'm making contacts with distributors trying to publish the game with them.

I hope you enjoy the game!. Greetings.

JBR(Posted 2010) [#12]
Memory Access Violation

I choose the ship, then area 511 then MAV.

Window Vista 64
3Gb
5770 Graphics

Jim

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#13]
Hi Jim, wWhen you select a level you should see a video at the bottom of the screen. Do you saw the video? I think it's an error with the video codec. avi files that gives problems on some computers. I'll try to correct this error as soon as possible. Thank you very much.

grindalf(Posted 2010) [#14]
This looks awesome, Ive been working on a shooter like this, knowing me though I wont finish it :P
You should make lots of money with yours so it will motivate me to finish mine :D

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#15]
Hi Grindalf, I thank you that you think I'm going to make lots of money. Not sure but that tells me you like the game. I encourage you to finish your game.

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#16]
Now available the new demo version (1.31). I've changed the files. avi to .mpg, because my video converter had problems. I hope the problem "Memory access violation" that some people found is solved.

Please Jim try to download the demo and try the game again. Tell me about this please.

JBR(Posted 2010) [#17]
Luis, when selecting a level there is just a picture. i.e. no video

Jim

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#18]
Jim, moving the mouse over a level you should see a picture and if you do click (select) on the level a video is activated. Then you can press the play button, load the level and play Arkhelom.

But in this version then MAV again? Do yo could play the game?

JBR(Posted 2010) [#19]
When I click on Level 511 it MAV straight away.

Jim

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#20]
Ok, thanks Jim. Maybe problems with formats PAL/NTSC? I don't know but I will create some video formats and I will try them to see if any work fine. I tell you about this coming soon. Thanks again.

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#21]
Hi, to all who have problems with the demo, I'm integrating the library BlitzMovie to eliminate problems when playing videos of the levels. BlitzMovie uses DirectX9 DirectShow instead of DirectX7 and has no problems playing .avi or .mpg. files. This afternoon I'll update the demo to test it. I tell you about this.

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#22]
Ok, I think that problems with videos are solved. I used BlitzMovie and .avi files. Please test it.
Download the new Demo Version in this link!

JBR(Posted 2010) [#23]
Downloaded the new demo and now I get

'User Lib not found' when I click on level 511

Jim

TaskMaster(Posted 2010) [#24]
I also get User Lib not found.

Also, it is "Account" not "Count". As in "User Account".

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#25]
Thanks Jim. It's true! I forgot to include the library in the installer. Now it's fixed.
Thanks TaskMaster. I have corrected "count" for "account" (the google translator betrays me.)

Download the new Demo Version in this link!

JBR(Posted 2010) [#26]
Hi Luis,

When I click on level 511 the place for the video goes black. i.e. no video.

However, I was able to play the level. (Well some of it :)

Jim

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#27]
Perhaps the problem is for video codecs on your computer??. I do not know, but at least you can play.

Do you think it's very difficult the level?. The difficulty grows as you play. Some levels are difficult to start because the ship is not prepared and have collected a few items. Although I can adjust the difficulty a bit.

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#28]
Hi Jim, I have seen the record scores and you've only played 46 seconds!! I complete the level X-511 with the most basic ship (many hours of gameplay). The level lasts about 8 minutes, depending on how long you take to remove the intermediate and the final boss. You can reach almost 90,000 points. I definitely think I have to adjust the game difficulty, at least in the lower levels.

JBR(Posted 2010) [#29]
Hi Luis, I'm not very good at playing games. So don't read too much into my attempts. I'll have another play - see if I can do better!

Jim

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#30]
Don't worry Jim. I deeply appreciate the help you're giving me. Anyway, the first levels of the game should be easy for all players, and they aren't. I modified the demo and now, in the early levels, ships have less shield and turrets shoot less. From level 5 the game becoming more complicated.

I think the difficulty is more balanced now.

For those who want to try it again, this is the link!

JBR(Posted 2010) [#31]
Hi Luis, I lasted nearly five minutes. Nice game.

Much easier to get into.

Jim

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#32]
Great! I'm glad that the game is now easier in the first levels. I'm preparing some new levels. When I finish I'll put them on the web. Thanks.

Luis

hub(Posted 2010) [#33]
Nice game Luis. (full version here ;-). I can help you to correct the french translation of your game if you have a text file ! Contact me at hubert.bayre at wanadoo.fr !

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#34]
Thanks Hubert! I send you and email with french text.

Someone in Italy can revise the Italian translation, please?

hub(Posted 2010) [#35]
i've received your mail. But could you send me again as a text file (not paste into the mail). i could edit it with bmax or another editor. Thanks !

hub(Posted 2010) [#36]
finally i've send you via mail my french translated version !

Last edited 2010