unnamed rpg

Community Forums/Showcase/unnamed rpg

stayne(Posted 2010) [#1]
Just something I'm working on to keep my mind occupied. Standard run of the mill EQ clone stuff. Female is from 3dbud.com, spiders are from psionic and the map is being done (sorry it's so dark) by a friend of mine that works for an mmo dev team in Scotland. Single player so far. I don't know where this will go as I have a history of getting frustrated having to do all the work :).

One thing I desperately need help with is keeping entities in other rooms from being rendered. I just can't handle something that in-depth.

stayne(Posted 2010) [#2]
Scratch the visible behind walls issue. EntityVisible/EntityAlpha saved the day. HideEntity was disabling collisions and gravity was taking over.

slenkar(Posted 2010) [#3]
nice graphics overall

stayne(Posted 2010) [#4]
Thanks slenkar. Noticed EntityVisible only takes into account the center of the entity being occluded, which leads me to believe it's a straight linepick from entity1 to entity2. Figure things are going to get difficult now :).

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#5]
Just a tip, ALT+Print Screen will capture only the window with focus.

Warpy(Posted 2010) [#6]
crikey, that armour's a bit risque!

stayne(Posted 2010) [#7]
Ha yes it is! She's just a placeholder. I'm 99% certain an Asian guy textured that model ;).

andy_mc(Posted 2010) [#8]
Poor girl can't afford proper trousers!
She must be freezing!

Nice looking game though, keep it up.

puki(Posted 2010) [#9]
I like the icons on the right-hand side - they sort of look 'stolen' from somewhere.

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#10]
Poor girl can't afford proper trousers!

She must have been a product of immaculate conception too!

TaskMaster(Posted 2010) [#11]
I agree puki... "WOW" they look familiar!

stayne(Posted 2010) [#12]
Come on guys they are placeholders. I'm bad at making icons! Now I'm nervous :)

TaskMaster(Posted 2010) [#13]
Just messing with ya. I do the exact same thing, steal art for my mock ups. It isn't like anybody but me and a few friends are ever going to see it. Unless you go posting screenshots in public forums... Hmmm... ;)

stayne(Posted 2010) [#14]
Yep and seeing how wowscape got sued by Blizzard for a LOT of money...I think I will make a different screenshot!

Chroma(Posted 2010) [#15]
Wow, didn't expect to see that nice of graphics. Very nice stayne.