Realtime Cloth Simulation in Blitz3D

Community Forums/Showcase/Realtime Cloth Simulation in Blitz3D

Noobody(Posted 2010) [#1]
Just a quick demo of uses of verlet integration in cloth simulation - nothing too fancy.

Screenshot:

With CLOTH_SIZE = 128 (rather slow):

Download (Win exe): Link

Code (Blitz3D):

Ked(Posted 2010) [#2]
Oooh. Looks nice!

Nate the Great(Posted 2010) [#3]
nice job

on a side note if you use a collision system that didnt use picking (a self made one) then it could run much faster :p 128*128 line picks per frame is a little much for any pc.

Noobody(Posted 2010) [#4]
on a side note if you use a collision system that didnt use picking (a self made one) then it could run much faster :p 128*128 line picks per frame is a little much for any pc.

Writing a picking system in B3D itself would most probably not be faster than the native picking system. The native one uses some kind of octree for culling (hard to implement in B3D) and is written in C++, which is superior to B3D speedwise.

puki(Posted 2010) [#5]
Very sexual.

Setting the cloth as low as 16 still looks fine.

Nate the Great(Posted 2010) [#6]
well I mean make each object a type and sense collisions based on the shape like the cube and cylinder.. idk if that would be faster, its still a lot of math for b3d to execute

Noobody(Posted 2010) [#7]
Well, B3D has Pickmodes for Spheres and Boxes too, so you could set these (the box one was actually used in the demo). But either way, picking in a complex scene is still pretty time consuming.

Very sexual.

I'm glad you enjoyed... I guess.

Tachyon(Posted 2010) [#8]
Really, really nice! Let's see a MinB3D version!