colour blocks and pulse waves

Community Forums/Showcase/colour blocks and pulse waves

taumel(Posted 2010) [#1]
Wow, i haven't posted for ages in here…

Anyway, i recently discovered Brucey's wonderful BaH.GME module which got me into exploring those ancient soundformats and whilst doing so, i wrote these two players (playing some gameboy music) for the fun. If you're into chiptunes, this might be something for you. As i'm not at home right now, these are OSX x86 only:

jpGBp_osx_x86
jpGBp_win

jpGBp2_osx_x86
jpGBp2_win

jkrankie(Posted 2010) [#2]
they're fun little things! Although i've got that bloody irritating song from Aladdin in my head now!

Cheers
Charlie

taumel(Posted 2010) [#3]
As they aren't included in an alphabetic order it might be more Fortress of Fear. Personally i could listen to G6T2 for hours but there are lots of very good ones. Glad you did enjoy it.

taumel(Posted 2010) [#4]
Upped the windows versions.

Please note, there are no tweaks, i just recompiled the files (experienced a hickup during a quick test but on a second try it worked).

taumel(Posted 2010) [#5]
As i experienced some issues with TPixmap/ImagesCollide i whipped up a little test for the joy. I entered it here because it also shares the blocky mood.

To be more precisely this one is inspired by the first listing i've ever entered into my C64, a game called Wildwasser. Those days i had no floppy, no dataset and so i had to enter the listing each time i wanted to play the game, ahhh, a rather painful but also a great time that was. :O)

Anyway here is my sub 5h tryout:

Steer your boat, or two boats if you're doing a two player game, and try to get as far as you can without hitting the land or the rocks in the river with your boat(s) - paddles don't count. Press h for some basic help, more in the readme, if that's needed at all.

wwf_osx_x86
wwf_win

Last edited 2010

taumel(Posted 2010) [#6]
Once whipped this little blocky game up for my daughter because i liked the idea (from an iPhone game), music ripped from TOMI.

The idea is to get the whole area unicoloured by changing colours to the surrounding colours, starting in the left/top corner, before you run out of tries (bars on the left). Just click on any block you want to change the colour to. Btw the webp format isn't supported yet! :O)

farben_osx_x86
farben_win

Warpy(Posted 2010) [#7]
Pleasing!

taumel(Posted 2010) [#8]
:O)

taumel(Posted 2010) [#9]
Due to my first tryout with threading and the recently depature of Mandelbrot, here is a very basic realtime Julia viewer, both in a single as well as in a threaded version. Zoom-steering isn't comfortable yet, all more wip, but you can use zoom+cursor keys. As for the colours, i just like the oldskool fractals! :O)

Steering: cursorkeys (scroll), alt/cmd on osx ./, on win (zoom in/out) , o/l (real part), i/k (imaginary part), u/j (depth), c (change appearance), v (colour cycling) space (reset), f (enable/disable fps).

julia_osx_x86
julia_win

It's still fascinating how simple palette changes can alter the look.

Last edited 2010

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#10]
Some nice stuff, taumel!

taumel(Posted 2010) [#11]
Thanks! :O)