AnimImage 1.0 Beta

Community Forums/Showcase/AnimImage 1.0 Beta

Ked(Posted 2010) [#1]
Well, here it is! ... Again!

For those who don't know, AnimImage will assemble frames into one image that later can be loaded with LoadAnimImage(). Pretty simple stuff.

Features:
* Specify the number of frames per row (0 = all one row)
* Loads BMP, JPG, PNG, and TGA
* Saves PNG
* Load single image
* Load entire folder

This is the beta release. Any bugs, suggestions, etc. that you have to report please post in this thread. I will fix any bugs ASAP, and I will try to implement any suggestions.

Download:
FileFront Link

therevills(Posted 2010) [#2]
Anything new in this release Ked (the icons?)?

Ked(Posted 2010) [#3]
Well, I had completely lost the source to the AnimImage I created a while ago. I think from a hard drive crash or something. This one right here is a completely rewritten one with features from all versions of my previous AnimImages. I think I remember people stating that they really found my previous AnimImage useful... But then I lost the source, so here we are! :)

Also, the icons are new. :P

slenkar(Posted 2010) [#4]
yes thanks i sometimes need this

beanage(Posted 2010) [#5]
Yay! I am using the old one a LOT, this is good news! Thanks!

Ked(Posted 2010) [#6]
Yay! I am using the old one a LOT, this is good news! Thanks!

That's so awesome to hear!

Remember, any bugs or anything let me know!

therevills(Posted 2010) [#7]
All seems to work fine.

Features requests:

* Drag and Drop Images
* Preview animation
* Ability to add different size images where the AnimImage size is the largest of those images.

Also please dont name your installer file just setup.exe (AnimImageSetup.exe is better) ;)

Ked(Posted 2010) [#8]
Alright, therevills, I'll get to work!

One question, though. I don't know what you mean by:
Ability to add different size images where the AnimImage size is the largest of those images.

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#9]
Ked: He means that he would like it if you added images that were 32x32 128x128 and 64x64 the resulting animimage would be 128x128

popcade(Posted 2010) [#10]
>Ability to add different size images where the AnimImage size is the largest of those images.

something like this:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/config/imagepacker/index.htm

Yep it has no preview too, if AnimImage get preview it can be getting very handy.

Ked(Posted 2010) [#11]
Alright! The link has been updated at the top, version number has been bumped to 1.1 Post-Beta Release, and the history.txt file has been updated.

From history.txt:
Version: 1.1 Post-Beta Release
- Installer renamed
- Frames loaded do not have to have the same dimensions as the other frames
- Preview window added
- Drag and Drop of images/folders of images added

Let me know if I did anything wrong! Especially concerning the second bullet there.

therevills(Posted 2010) [#12]
Just tried downloading "v1.1" - the setup.exe has been renamed but it looks like its v1.0 that has been packaged... No drag and drop, no preview etc

Ked(Posted 2010) [#13]
Yeah, you're right. Sorry about that. I'll have the correct setup up when FileFront is done with their maintenance.

Ked(Posted 2010) [#14]
Added a mirror link hosted by File Dropper. Should be good to go now!

therevills(Posted 2010) [#15]
Just tested - drag and drop is cool, so much faster.

Maybe add two preview modes, one where it just displays the large animimage (which is what you have done), the second displays the animation where the user can set the delay between frames.

Just a very minor issue, with your new installer it says it is installer v1.0, not v1.1 ;)

Ked(Posted 2010) [#16]
Well, you guys aren't going to believe this, or, you will, but my computer pretty much burnt up last night. As far as I can tell, my hard drives are still functional so I will try and move stuff over to my new computer when it gets here. My computer was relatively old so it was bound to go out soon and it did. We are sure my motherboard has become unresponsive. It will feed power to everything connected to it, just won't send and receive data to and from the connected devices.

slenkar(Posted 2010) [#17]
dropbox.com

RetroRusty(Posted 2010) [#18]
It seems that the link to this on File Dropper doesn't work. Can someone please host this so I can get a copy of it?

Thanks

Ked(Posted 2010) [#19]
I'll update the links in a second. I got all of the source code off of my old hard drive! Now I don't have to recode it...

EDIT: Finished. Download away!

RetroRusty(Posted 2010) [#20]
Thanks Ked :)