Söze [Win32+MacOS]

Community Forums/Showcase/Söze [Win32+MacOS]

Oddball(Posted 2010) [#1]
Söze
A game by David Williamson with music by feeblethemighty

The deadly bomber Söze has planted a bomb. Time is short and nobody knows who Söze is. You have rounded up the most likely suspects. Each suspect knows one fact about Söze, but beware Söze will lie to you. Can you identify Söze in time?

Downloads - Win32+MacOS

Screenshot - Click for full size

I created this for the TIGSource 'A Game By It's Cover' competition. I didn't spend a huge amount of time on it, hence the awful graphics, but hopefully some of you will find it fun.

Enjoy.

jhans0n(Posted 2010) [#2]
Neat idea. My only complaint is that I sometimes find it to be more difficult than it should be because I'm trying to click that little ? icon. It would be easier if you could just click the people to ask them the question.

Warpy(Posted 2010) [#3]
but I'm using linux! This looks like a fun game and I like the graphics.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2010) [#4]
I like this game.

slenkar(Posted 2010) [#5]
fun,
on my first game i thought 60 seconds was a harsh time limit
maybe i will get better

Oddball(Posted 2010) [#6]
Thanks guys. I'm glad people like it. I didn't do any planning/design for this. I kind of got inspired and then churned it out in one night. I'm just glad it ended up playable as the code is horrendously bad.

@jhans0n: I've done it that way as sometimes one suspect will be stood in front of the other making clicking the one at the back impossible. The way it is now the [?] icon should always be clickable.

@Warpy: Well I don't have Linux to compile it with. I could just send you the source and you could compile it yourself?

@Slenker: There are a few little tricks to help deduce who Söze is fairly quickly. I've posted a few tips in the TIGForum thread linked above.