playing with ode

Community Forums/Showcase/playing with ode

Charrua(Posted 2010) [#1]
hi

still much to do, take a look

http://sites.google.com/site/odriozolajuanignacio/demo.zip

Basically i'm building some cars with ConveyorBelts, Magnets, and the like. They are built/designed on a editor (sold separately: AWC) and then merged on a scenary.

And some interactive objects wich can trigger some events. At this stage, with Keys preasigned you can control the "Active Car" and pressing TAB key you can cycle through the 5 placed. Some cubes are metalic and can be handled with magnets some others not, there are some green and red small and thin cubes on the floor that act as IR barriers an at the moment control 3 conveyor belts palaced on the scenary. Planed Plataforms, Doors, and the like.

If you edit the cars and or the scenary there are some objects you can't rename or delete: those called "Ctrl....." they are used to create controlled joints, magnets and conveyor belts.
There are 5 objects in Scenary.awc called Pivot_001 to Pivot_005 that control the initial position of the cars.

There are no rules at the momment, simply some primitive objects.

Any comments sugestions and ideas will be apreciated.

thank's

Juan

Danny(Posted 2010) [#2]
wow - bravo! This looks like a very cool use of a physics engine.
I had a quick play and the vehicles are slow and difficult to control but I very much like where this is going - keep it up!

D.

beanage(Posted 2010) [#3]
Nice stuff!

Are you using the JV ODE dll, or an own wrapper? If it is your own wrapper, woud you be willing to share it?

Charrua(Posted 2010) [#4]
yes, they are difficult to drive, more steer, more speed shoul be ok, also i'm trying to apply the opposit steer to the backward wheels to reach smaller turns and feels ok.

just JV-ODE with some .bb code included with the Free AWC (not sold separatly!) to load the world and to create the ode objects.

the 6 *.awc files in DEMO.ZIP can be edited and they are readed by the demo.exe to create the ode/blitz objects, so any changes you made will be reflected the next run.

following is an incomplete (just because there are still much experimental and dirty code) but with it you can load the scenary.awc and the 5 cars. The main loop only updates the camera and no forces are aplied to any joint. (you need to download awc for the editor and some included .bb files)

thank's for your time

Juan