Garmin F305 Running Data displayed within Blitz3D

Community Forums/Showcase/Garmin F305 Running Data displayed within Blitz3D

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#1]
This shows exported data from my Garmin Forerunner, which was then subsequently imported into my Blitz3D application allowing the data to be presented in 3 dimensions.

The graph below shows the raw data from the GPS(i.e. no smoothing) over a 23 minute run - notice slow at the left hand side & a bit faster towards the end - the right hand side, I tend to have a psrint finish in a vain attempt to beat my last time!

A slight confession - my speed does not undulate quite so wildy, this is due to the fact the x axis has been set out linearly at the moment, i.e it plots the speed in tandem with each update that was recorded by the Garmin. I have the data to calculate whether the gap was 1 or 4 seconds between each update - but Rome was not built in a day!

The graph below is showing about 3 and a half minutes of data from a 23 minute run.

My B3D app may allow four or 5 training runs to be compared in x,y and z planes.

andy_mc(Posted 2010) [#2]
that's really cool. I have a 305 garmin too, so if you want anyone to help test this let me know.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#3]
Cheers andy, will let you know when i make more progress.

Managed to get the graph accurately representing every second of a run now, bit less spiky....

Original graphs shown were only showing the instances when the GPS updated from the satellite which can vary from 1 to 6 or 7 seconds.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#4]
Comparing Garmin image to Blitz3D, still early days:

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#5]
Managed to sling together a GUI which will allow you to pick up to 3 exported Garmin files:

The image below shows a 2.5 mile 'run' compared to a 4.5 mile bike ride. Note that the x axis is 'time' and the y-axis is speed - the bike plot shows roughly 23 mile on hour - on my mountain bike at that! Note the 3D graph below was plotted at 1920 x 1200, which has been scaled down some what for tinternet. Think I need to configure a 'drop out' algorithim. Had one on my Amiga 1200, just need to go and boot that & suss out the algorithim from the code (its in the loft...)