forgot to say also chess

Mainsworthy(Posted 2010) [#3]
crc check failed, on warbox , ive re-uploaded now fixed thanks to D4NM4N

mark

Mainsworthy(Posted 2010) [#4]
now I have a module for rorkes drift online
http://gudstuf.com/Download.php

Mainsworthy(Posted 2010) [#5]
I dont want to over post, but Ive got an early version of the alamo for WarBox running, If anybody wants to improve it please do?

download page

Mark

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#6]
I like the screenshots of your warbox game. Nice looking website you have too!

Mainsworthy(Posted 2010) [#7]
Great Blitzplotter! so glad you checked them over, My website gets better the more I toy with it, now Ive stopped codeing warbox I was able to make a couple of useable modules.

slenkar(Posted 2010) [#8]
i downloaded war engine a long time ago but never tried it,
ill check out the rorkes drift thingy

One thing I found fun in Age Of Empires was the historical descriptions between levels, I dont know if you have done that but it would be cool to have a textbox for each module that gives some background to the battle.

How historically accurate are the modules you have made?

The 1024x600 EXE crashes 'memory access violation'
the other one works

ok i copied the rorkes drift files into the right folder,
the background appeared ok,
then i pressed load
and the game seized up with 95% cpu usage and i had to ctrl-alt-delete out of the game.

It would be a lot better to have the load button pop-up a file selector to choose the folder you wish to play.

Mainsworthy(Posted 2010) [#9]
Hi slenkar, WarBox Not war engine :) Im so glad youve give it a go

if you read the help.txt you can get an idea on what to do, when you press LOAD it calculates LOS and FOW, it will run but you have to wait a moment or two. switch off "advfow" to load quickley but you wont auto have Line Of Sight running so no obsticles block

the 1024x600 is for a netbook, it will crash on a normal PC without that graphics mode.

Im trying to get modules together that are historical correct, Maybe you might update what Ive done so far, Rorks Drift Map is close to real battlefield, and the alamo building is also close.

Mainsworthy(Posted 2010) [#10]
Hi slenkar, Ive made an update to the windows versions , now a popup message appears informing you when game is updateing fow! I thankyou for the feedback, another issue fixed

Mainsworthy(Posted 2010) [#11]
Hi slenkar thanks again for the feedback, Ive fixed all now! are running xp vista? Ive tested and develop in xp, Linux and Mac are delaying too much so Ive cut Linux and disabled advfow in mac no delays now

slenkar(Posted 2010) [#12]
ok good fix, (the fow message)
im using XP

Mainsworthy(Posted 2010) [#13]
Hi slenkar glad its ok. Im sometimes to close to the codeing to be a good tester thanks

WERDNA(Posted 2010) [#14]
I'll work on downloading these in a bit. they look pretty darn fun ;)

Mainsworthy(Posted 2010) [#15]
Hi WERDNA, thanks for the interest :)

WERDNA(Posted 2010) [#16]
Warbox is pretty cool!

I can see a lot of possibilities for that ;)

Mainsworthy(Posted 2010) [#17]
Hey WERDNA thanks. People seem to be downloading , but feedback makkes all the difference.

WERDNA(Posted 2010) [#18]
Yeah I know what you mean. I'm getting a ton of downloads off Ping Pong Battle, but
not much actual feedback ;)

I'll play around with warbox for a bit, and give you some more detailed feedback later.

WERDNA(Posted 2010) [#19]
Played around with Warbox for awhile :)

I like how you included all the code, so people can modify it and pretty easily make their
own game. The interface is easy to use, and you explained things very well, plus there's
a decent selection of various types of terrain that covers most of the basics, and I doubt
it would be very hard to add new types.

Very nicely done!

Mainsworthy(Posted 2010) [#20]
WERDNA Hey How good of you to post a review! Im happy with your thoughts on warbox, I thank you

Mainsworthy(Posted 2010) [#21]
Hi Ive posted a few games here, I hope you dont get fed up of freeware wargames, especialy hard to find hex&chit type

You May have seen godofminiwars but advgodofminiwars is a very diffrent game with the same interface! Past versions suffered from slow AI, but thats what Im excited about its fixed. new Advanced God Of Mini Wars 156c is free to download on my site

the game is more of an introductory hex & chit engine, with artilary trenches, minimaps ranged fire, for you to make a module with, my modules are only test modules for you to get the idea, nothing happens in the modules as everything is to far away, so move the chits then press the dial.

Mainsworthy(Posted 2010) [#22]
Hope you can download new module for Warbox "Helen Of Troy" from my site http://gudstuf.com/Download.php

its a historic Map, but simple module, made to help create your own.

nawi(Posted 2010) [#23]
You should replace the screenshot links with small thumbnails.

Mainsworthy(Posted 2010) [#24]
thanks nawi, I will think onit

Mainsworthy(Posted 2010) [#25]
Hi Guys I hope you dont mind more free games Ive created a new module for Warbox at my site http://www.gudstuf.com/Download.php its a beach invade module the site sometimes gets a lot of visitors , so if its busy retry later

*(Posted 2010) [#26]
Looks good, can you designate areas as cover and how much cover it is. That way you could have people in buildings with 80% cover but someone in a bush would get say 30% :)

Mainsworthy(Posted 2010) [#27]
Hi EdzUp, there is trench terrain chits, you drop a trench on all buiding locations to give cover, then go back to the ground chits and blackit-out(so you dont see it in-game) or use a tree image. then everything in the building is in cover.

you can allso block line of sight just infront of the building(with terrain chit check chart in-game), for added shelter. or you can set the walls to obsticles and block line of sight(some obsticles block line of sight aswell as block movement check chart in-game).

or you can put obsticle that block line of sight around the walls but not windows, if the enemy cant see you they cant attack and vise-versa(your troops cant see past either, unless a unit can see from elsewhere)

Mark