Scissors Game released !

Community Forums/Showcase/Scissors Game released !

Anatolie(Posted 2010) [#1]
Logic game for kids. It's my first game with Blitz3D SDK

Anatolie(Posted 2010) [#2]

Anatolie(Posted 2010) [#3]
more screenshots here:
toycatsoft.com/scissors_game_screenshots.html

jhocking(Posted 2010) [#4]
Neat graphics, how's the game work? At first glance it looks like a match-3 game or something similar, but looking closer I notice one pair of scissors cutting a sheet of paper.

Anatolie(Posted 2010) [#5]
Main task to remove all objects.
There's only three types of objects - scissors, ball of strings and paper.
You select place to drop current object. Scissors cut paper, paper removes ball, ball removes scissors ( like stone,scissors,paper game ).
There's no time limit, but may be new lines appear ( from the bottom )

Geehawk(Posted 2010) [#6]
So why not use a stone then? Would make more sense wouldn't it, given that scissor can cut string ....

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2010) [#7]
Looks cute

jhocking(Posted 2010) [#8]
ah paper-rock-scissors to remove tiles on a grid, that's an interesting mechanic for a puzzle game. Now I'm curious to play it.

Anatolie(Posted 2010) [#9]
Thanks to all)))

My artist has suggested to use a ball of threads instead of a stone. Has told that the ball more suitable for kids game with a cat in a leading role. After short resistance I have agreed ;)

Geehawk(Posted 2010) [#10]
Children shouldn't play with scissors ;-)

DavidDC(Posted 2010) [#11]
Amanita muscaria mushrooms have white dots on them :-)

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#12]
I agree with jhocking, a rock-paper-scissors game is extremely interesting! The graphics look very nice!

My artist has suggested to use a ball of threads instead of a stone. Has told that the ball more suitable for kids game with a cat in a leading role.
Unless the small child is a history major, I would disagree. It has probably been around 40 years since the average home had balls of yarn/string in it for cats to play with. Artists should do as they are told, when they start trying to go beyond their artistic skills and try to think, they will always run into trouble.

Every child knows rock-paper-scissors. Not only is it a playground game, it is a recognized sport with city, state, national and international teams/leagues which hold regular tournaments and have corporate sponsors ;)

Anatolie(Posted 2010) [#13]
to GaryV:

I'm agree with you. Modern children have a modern knowledge ;)

I'm novice and I need a tip. What a best way to market/sell such game (I use regnow to sell) ? May be some useful links to read?

Kryzon(Posted 2010) [#14]
Try talking to the team at Big Fish Games dot com.

Artists should do as they are told, when they start trying to go beyond their artistic skills and try to think, they will always run into trouble.
I don't see a problem with the artist suggesting the thing (if it ends at that, of course). After all, not only is he an artist but a designer as well.
The "blame" should be put on the contractor for accepting it or not.

Chugs40(Posted 2010) [#15]
Looks like a cute game for kids - I'll have to have my kids give it a play. My daughter likes causual games :)

Anatolie(Posted 2010) [#16]
Found sad bug at my selfmade site, link to download was incorrect :( and dowloaded game version demanded password.. :( Now all OK, 2 levels playable at demo version and all levels at full version. I'm sorry.