Arkhelom 3D version 1.1 release!

Community Forums/Showcase/Arkhelom 3D version 1.1 release!

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#1]
Now Available Arkhelom 3D Version 1.1 that addresses some of the problems identified by the first users to play.

Version 1.1 features:

- Real-Time Shadows (various settings in options menu selectable)
- 2000 Initial Bonus points (for initial configuration of the ships)
- Items to start a game to help improve the ship and lower the initial difficulty of the first level.
- Improved speed ships and response to mouse movement. Placed in the options menu some configuration about mouse sensitivity.
- Improved visibility of some types of shots.
- Small improvements and correction of some bugs.

Free available here!

You can submit suggestions to incorporate into future versions.

Sauer(Posted 2010) [#2]
Downloading now.

Your site is very difficult to navigate, and some of the graphics and text didn't render correctly. Some of it overlapped with other items, and some of the labels were only half of the words.

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#3]
Hi Sauer, i see my Arkhelom3D webpage something like these:

I see the download names (game, levels, ships, loops), the world ranking, a video,...correctly.

It is made with Flash MX 2004 and I think that shows up well. I think maybe you need to install some drivers or ActiveX controls to view properly.

Does anyone else have trouble viewing the page and download the files?.

Sauer(Posted 2010) [#4]
This is what I get:

As for the game, the menus are very nice and the graphics and sound are solid. I don't like the mouse control so much and would prefer keyboard, but this is just a matter of preference. Very good game overall.

Sadly, the daily code download is rather annoying because the hosting site requires you to enter a captcha, then wait 45 seconds to download the file. Also, I cannot play the game offline. I understand the purpose is that the free version does this but the full doesn't, but surely there is a better way?

But as I said, the game is great, congratulations.

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#5]
Sauer, perhaps the problem is a low screen resolution (you can try a higher resolution?) or perhaps you use motzilla and not explorer. I'm not sure what's the problem.

I'm glad you like the game. I think movements are more rapid and precise with the mouse and there are moments in the game when the difficulty is greatly increased, to be able to dodge shots very quickly with mouse. Anyway, I will create a keyboard control option in a future release for you.

The game requires Internet connection to get the daily code because it will also connect online to the online database and world ranking. In the full version too.

The dailycode is annoying, but at the moment is the only possible support of the game. Megaupload rewarded for the number of downloads and that is the target file downloads. Sorry for the inconvenience, but only is a minute or so.

Sung(Posted 2010) [#6]
Hi,

i can't watch the video on youtube, because there are Sony Music copyrights in it. Its not allowed in Germany to watch it.

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#7]
Hi Sung

Yes in Germany you can't watch video on youtube with Sony Music. No problem. You can download here the video in 480p:

Arkhelom3D gameplay 2 version 1.0!

Now , I'm working in version 1.2 with more features and levels.

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#8]
I have encountered an error in version 1.1 that makes the game "crash" when you complete a level and start playing on the second level.

I'm working to correct it in version 1.2 as well as incorporating new improvements and extra content.

It will be available in a few days.