My Website

Community Forums/Showcase/My Website

6(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi all,

I've started doing some work on a website for a product I'm developing 'Medieval4D'. Its not finished yet, ( the product or the website), but I'd like to get some feedback from the blitz community on what I'm doing. What do you think so far?

Modbox4D

Thanks

Krischan(Posted 2010) [#2]
Nice - I like the modular layout (IMO authentic medieval buildings are hard to design), but without testing the "Medieval4D Lite" I haven't got a final opinion on this yet (usability etc.). Any release date?

slenkar(Posted 2010) [#3]
looks good, allows people to make their own buildings instead of forcing them to adjust to someone elses models

Gabriel(Posted 2010) [#4]
Excellent. I was just about to say that it looks great except that it looks more suitable for an application than a game, and then I realized that you're making an application and not a game. So evidently, it's perfect. Clean, good use of color, easy to navigate. Yep, ticks all boxes for me.

One minor suggestion. Might I suggest removing those valid XHTML and valid CSS links at the bottom? Only the XHTML one takes you to a page which reports 32 errors and a warning, which kind of defeats the object of having them there. I didn't read through them and I'm sure they're probably tiny, meaningless things, but it just seems like it's not worth linking to them.

Genexi2(Posted 2010) [#5]
Looks great. Only thing I want to mention is that the transparency mask on the gif for the image preview loading animation isn't appearing properly in Firefox.

6(Posted 2010) [#6]
Thanks for the feedback.

I've removed the xhtml and css links, ( I never really realised they were there), and fixed the loading.gif image.

As for a release date, its still difficult to say when. There are a few bugs I found which need fixing, and still quite a few objects and textures to create, but I might try and get something out soon for usability type testing. If anyone is interested in this, they just need to register on the website and I'll send them an email when its ready.

Sauer(Posted 2010) [#7]
I like the website, content is designed well and it is easy to navigate around and find the correct information.

My one criticism is that the link list in the top right (About, Contact, Register) may be better suited as a horizontal list instead of vertical. It adds a good 50 pixels of unused space between your logo and the image, which means more scrolling to get to the content.

slenkar(Posted 2010) [#8]
how much will it cost?

6(Posted 2010) [#9]
Initially it'll be about US$30 I think, and that'll be for the early adopter license which won't be the finished version. Once more objects, textures and features are added the price will likely go up, but those with a license will get those updates for free.

slenkar(Posted 2010) [#10]
ok thanks ill probably jump on that early adopter option