Indiesoft Off Road

Community Forums/Showcase/Indiesoft Off Road

Santiworld(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi, i like to show you my last work, Indiesoft Off Road.

this is a simple videogame, to live the off road experience.

any comment, is welcome, soon i going to launch the website for downloads.

regars!
Santiago

youtube video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dd3ZXIs2Ys

degac(Posted 2010) [#2]
Nice car!
I like the 'stylized' terrain and the HUD.
I don't know if the game is only 'free drive'.
I will add some other variations:
- time to reach the end-target OR to reach the next check point
- bonus for 'highest' jump/crash
- use of physic to interact with the environment (push some boxes to make a bridge and so on!)

I will try the demo to take a tour!

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#3]
Very nice looking work!

Just watched the YouTube, I like how your engine sounds match the action - very polished work - is this JV-ODE as well?

ICECAP(Posted 2010) [#4]
Thats fantastic looking. What phisics engine is it using?

MGE(Posted 2010) [#5]
wow! All you need is a game now and this might be a winner. Looks frickin awesome.

stayne(Posted 2010) [#6]
Very cool! I noticed there are misplaced vehicle shadows on the cliff walls though. Is that intended?

Chugs40(Posted 2010) [#7]
Watched the vid. This looks really cool and realistic. Good Luck with it!

Mark Judd(Posted 2010) [#8]
Very nice work!

JV-ODE rules for cars imho.

I especially like the sparks when the bodywork strikes the terrain - I assume you checked for collisions in the physics ?

Also, I noticed as the car crosses the bridge at the end, the front wheel jitters slightly - i had some success using the ode setting to allow bodies to interest a little - this stops stuff from jiggling usually.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Mark

Sokurah(Posted 2010) [#9]
I looks pretty good, but...

...I think it's a bit weird to have such a simple landscape together with such a detailed car...it seems wrong.

But graphically it reminds me of Interstate '76 ...and that's a good thing. :)

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2010) [#10]
I like the graphics a lot. Terrain looks cool. At first I wasn't sure if hipoly car fitted lowpoly terrain, but in the end I think it does.

Somehow I have begun to really like old-school lowpoly look. Does anyone know some other modern games (besides tiny tanks) that use this approach of looking totally "polygonal" but with an artistic touch? I'd like to take a peek for inspiration. For some reason I personally find it looks better than the "almost realistic" trillion poly look. Perhaps it's just A500 nostalgy, but I don't think it explains it all.

Santiworld(Posted 2010) [#11]
Hi!, thanks for the comments..

i upload the game and is available for download the BETA version...

http://www.indiesoft.com.ar

now i working in the second stage and resolving some bugs.

In windows vista, the physics fails or something, the car jump like crazy without control, please, report if you have a bug!

this are some adds for the second stage :

main menu
Manual or Automatic Gears
Two new scenarys.
Four players by turns.
Two Players splitscreen mode.

Iam using Jv-ode, i have the same thing, sometimes the cars jump like crazy, and i can resolve the problem.

i going to thanks all comments and critics, for make a better upgrates.

sorry my english !

GIB3D(Posted 2010) [#12]
@Mr. Write Errors Man
A couple games that look like that are Darwinia and Multiwinia. I like that look more than some "reaslitic" look which just slows everything down and ends up looking ugly anyways.

Geehawk(Posted 2010) [#13]
Love this! Then again I am a fan of Off road driving games. (and obstacle ones Mr Judd. I still Tricky Tracks now ;-)

I like the graphical style. Gameplay needs to be of a Screamer 4x4 type I feel. Gates or checkpoints to progress through ??

Comments.
Almost every time I respawned, the camera ended up looking up at the car from underneath until you had driven far enough for it to correct itself.
I feel that gravity needs to effect the vehicle even when in gear. Being able to stop accelerating and to just sit on a slope makes things a bit to unrealistic and easy IMO.
Also I'm not totally sure of the gearing system at all. 5 gears are unecessary unless there is to be some wide open space sections. Also a change of gearing seemed to have no effect on your ability to climb a slope you just climbed it faster??

Overall a great start though with just a bit of tweaking needed. A few destructable/movable objects would not go amiss either ;-)

I will keep my eye on this.

Was runnig it at 1440x900 BTW with no apparent problems.

Santiworld(Posted 2010) [#14]
excelent..

i need to improve the gears, the 5ta gear is to get speed and make the two final jump of the scenary.

my idea is make the gears (high or low) - (R n 1 2 3 4 5) for flats scenarys.

1 high torque - low force (climb)
5 low torque - high force (get speed)

you can move the camera if you mousedown(2) and move the mouse.

A few destructable/movable objects would not go amiss either ;-)
Yes, but i need to fix the problem with the physics first.

thanks for the info!!!!!

VIP3R(Posted 2010) [#15]
It could be a false positive but the exe is giving a virus alert (didn't Simple Race do this too?)...

Gen:Trojan.Heur.GM.0000016810

Can you look into it.

Santiworld(Posted 2010) [#16]
Please make sure that is not a matter of your antivurus, I scan the file before uploading it and try it on different computers with different antivirus, and every step of the analysis correctly.

far as I know, the things AVIRA detects these files, usually when used MoleBox.

no, simple race files still in megaupload and never report problems..

what antivirus you use, anyone has the same problem?

Tab(Posted 2010) [#17]
False positive i think, Here the report ( Result: 3/41 (7.32%) )

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/fa72db71571c5f27ec986579c5c54b6539a8e846b9bf664554c6e2bc38482402-1273578996

Anyway, Nice work with your new game Santi.

Santiworld(Posted 2010) [#18]
hi tab!
thanks, i don't know if this report is good or bad..

false positive is good? or is bad?

Tab(Posted 2010) [#19]
@Santiworld False positive is when your antivirus wrongly detect an innocuous file as a virus.

wmaass(Posted 2010) [#20]
Very nice work Santiworld. Oh and the i-76 reference is spot on. That was such a cool game - hard to find as well. Recently spotted it on GOG.com.

Santiworld(Posted 2010) [#21]

but i'be having some problems with the scenary-physics.

i trying to fix that problem.. only apeear in some computers..

i upload the game in GAMEJOLT, here the link.

http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/action/indiesoft-4x4-off-road/2357/

stanrol(Posted 2010) [#22]
nice work, tetszik az autós kjátékod!

Santiworld(Posted 2010) [#23]
thanks. what means tetszik az autós kjátékod! ? :p