unAsteroids

Community Forums/Showcase/unAsteroids

Warpy(Posted 2010) [#1]
I recently found an old post where I said I was going to make the opposite of asteroids.

Here's the beginnings of an attempt at that.
There are some asteroids, which I suppose the player will eventually control somehow, and some spaceships, which need to be controlled by the CPU. Thanks to some clever maths, I've made them quite skilful at navigating around the asteroids.

What would an asteroid do about the dudes in the spaceships if it could? I suppose the opposite of the player breaking up the asteroids is the asteroids joining together, so maybe that's how this should work?

stayne(Posted 2010) [#2]
Have the player control asteriods and chunks of asteroids. Click and drag to select asteroids and pieces, and those pieces begin to gravitate toward the ship...or towards each other in order to reassemble into a whole asteroid again.

big10p(Posted 2010) [#3]
An exe for us Muggles, perhaps?

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#4]
you could make it so you drop attractors and repellers to move the asteroids around. You could even have different types of asteroids, some that do attract and repell and others that don't. Interesting idea anyway.

Jesse(Posted 2010) [#5]
this really nice. The mechanics is what I find interesting.

therevills(Posted 2010) [#6]
Cool Warpy :)

EXE for people without Blitzmax (why havent you got it yet!?!?! :D)

http://sites.google.com/site/therevillsgames/blitz/antiasteroids.zip

jkrankie(Posted 2010) [#7]
Click and drag for movement of asteroids i think. Have you ever played Captain Forever? perhaps you could 'borrow' the ship construction thing in that game for piecing your asteroids back together?

Cheers
Charlie

Warpy(Posted 2010) [#8]
Oh my God I hated captain forever.

jkrankie(Posted 2010) [#9]
I didn't get on too well with the game itself, but the click-drag thing for adding new parts to your ship was pretty well done.

Also, maybe you could have different types of asteroids, that you could combine together for different stuff?

Cheers
Charlie

big10p(Posted 2010) [#10]
Ta, therevills.

Yeah, some nice asteroid avoidance, there.

plash(Posted 2010) [#11]
Maybe... Katamari in space!?

John Cage(Posted 2010) [#12]
Asteroid's revenge is quite good 'anti- asteroids'- type game:

http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/Asteroids-Revenge-3.html