My Recent Code Archive Contributions

Community Forums/Showcase/My Recent Code Archive Contributions

Streaksy(Posted 2010) [#1]
Someone pointed out that I've recently started releasing my code and that I've released 15 contributions to the code archives in the last month (16 actually :P), since I started releasing. I thought I'd make a list of them.

CreateCorona() (Create a corona texture instead of loading one)

Fast Realtime Effects on Sprites and Text, etc (Filed under DrawTexture(). Lots of useful functions. Have a look. There's a demo vid.)

Fast Screen 2D -> World 3D (doesn't use CameraPick()!!, and you can specify Z (distance from camera) with each call)

Simple Envelope Plotting and Interpolated Reading

Handy Exotic Maths

Weighted Random

Timescale (move in realtime, eliminate lag)

Encoding/Decoding integers into strings based on a key (binary, trinary, hex, keyword, anything. Very fast.)

Curve a Value (Based on Range and Amplitude and Curve Type)

File Handling (more efficient than WriteFile() and ReadFile() etc. Also has optional RLE compression and key encryption)

Colours by Name (175 colours known) (Plus other colour related functions)

Plants Vs. Zombies Zen Garden Hacker

skn3[ac]'s Expression Evaluator with extras

Database Suite (Efficient, fast database with queries and saving/loading) - I still improve this sometimes!

String Functions

XGetKey() (GetKey() but you can keep the key pressed)

Then there's the full sourcecode disclosures:

SSE - Streaksy's Sector Engine
(You'd name it after yourself too :P Don't want the fact that I made it to get lost)

Peggle Clone

These include a lot of libraries I haven't added to the code archives yet. I've still got a lot to share. I hope I'm not dominating the archives. ;/

jhocking(Posted 2010) [#2]
Fast Screen 2D -> World 3D (doesn't use CameraPick()!!, and you can specify Z (distance from camera) with each call)

oo I should take a look at this code. I was thinking of optimizing my GUI handling by getting rid of CameraPick.

Streaksy(Posted 2010) [#3]
The function is tiny ;D

Pete Carter(Posted 2010) [#4]
great stuff will have fun working though and learning a few things

GIB3D(Posted 2010) [#5]
I've still got a lot to share. I hope I'm not dominating the archives.

There's a lot I "want" to share but haven't figured out yet. I want to fill the archives with lots of goodies that are interesting. For example, http://blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=2690#comments

It takes a few minutes/hours/days to learn how to do something completely new and different. I wouldn't spam the code archives with pointless junk that does basic stuff though, heh ;)

Ked(Posted 2010) [#6]
I wouldn't spam the code archives with pointless junk that does basic stuff though, heh ;)

Ouch.