Bloody Desert - Gameplay video

Community Forums/Showcase/Bloody Desert - Gameplay video

Santiworld(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi, i'm happy to show you a new video of blooody desert, my biggest personal project.

YOUTUBE video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXhZ3PvtsDQ

any comment is very welcome!!!

DareDevil(Posted 2010) [#2]
this products is a very professional game!!!!

congratulation for you work!!!

bye

puki(Posted 2010) [#3]
Blitz3D Larging all the way.

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#4]
Congratulations Santiago! A very good project!.

therevills(Posted 2010) [#5]
Look really good :)

If you could get the walking/running animation better, it would look really great ;)

Pete Carter(Posted 2010) [#6]
nice work, I had major problems with my old rts project with animated meshs but i guess you have only a limited number on screen at one time most are static or code controlled i guess.

SoggyP(Posted 2010) [#7]
Hello.

Very nice indeed. The only thing I'd say - and it's a bit of a mean criticism - is that the game is called Bloody Desert and the menu screen shows a boat! It's a bit petty, I know, but change it to a camel or a tank or something but change it from an object that suggests water.

Goodbye.

MGE(Posted 2010) [#8]
I hope there is an arcade mode, the video while impressive looking from a technical stand point, just doesn't look like it's that much "fun" to play.

Streaksy(Posted 2010) [#9]
Sexy. Often wonder how I'd go about making an RTS... Nice job.

Santiworld(Posted 2010) [#10]
Thanks for the coments...

Blitz3D Larging all the way.

you think?

If you could get the walking/running animation better, it would look really great ;)

Yes, i need to improve the animations, i not very good with animations.
and i need to improve the player 3d model too.

nice work, I had major problems with my old rts project with animated meshs but i guess you have only a limited number on screen at one time most are static or code controlled i guess.

i try to no use animate mesh, becouse loadanimmesh reduce my fps.

some tips i use for this game...
- the wheels no turns (for the moment) are statics
- the torrets are another mesh. only the soldiers use a few bones.
- i use copyentity to have more than one unit...
- i have timers to know what proccess is slow, or what units have proccess problems, and i fix..
- i have a graphics to showmee the fps and ups in a linetime, is very usefull to know this to improve the fps in the game.
- i hide all units are not in the camerarange, visibility, or visibles to the camera
- i clean all particles are not visibles in to the camera
- i use libs to improve the fps and graphics and increess the fps

TIMMERS :

FPS AND UPS GRAPHICS STADISTICS :

Very nice indeed. The only thing I'd say - and it's a bit of a mean criticism - is that the game is called Bloody Desert and the menu screen shows a boat! It's a bit petty, I know, but change it to a camel or a tank or something but change it from an object that suggests water.

yes, you absoluty right, i don't finish the menu, my idea is a camera flying in the dunes, showing some scenary wonders, camels, something like the flashpoint menu.

the game idea, borns in a invasion from the sea to the desert, the campaing mode begins in the navy carrier and ships, taking some tips from the old Carrier command.

I hope there is an arcade mode, the video while impressive looking from a technical stand point, just doesn't look like it's that much "fun" to play.

i can make a arcade mode, but the idea of the game, is a RTS slow strategy game, i play c&c and is very crazy, to many units, many clicks, my fingers broke when i finish a match.
in bloody desert you play more like commandos, or UFO, thats is the idea i have..

Sexy. Often wonder how I'd go about making an RTS... Nice job.

i make to myself the same question :)