Peggle Clone

Community Forums/Showcase/Peggle Clone

Streaksy(Posted 2010) [#1]
VIDEO DEMO

May as well put this on too. I made this one day and thought it looked to pretty to be forgotten about.

HERE IS THE SOURCE

Good luck with it! =D

You'll find it's not actually that special. The effects are quite nice but with my libraries I've suplied you'll see how easy it actually was. I haven't proof-read all the code so sorry if anything is offensive or messy. If you use it, give me an acknowledgement please. Not saying name it after me :P But at least announce it within the Blitz community =D

smilertoo(Posted 2010) [#2]
Peggle itself is a clone of an old arcade game, available on mame.

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#3]
Very, very nice -- if you haven't already, you ought to finish this into a full game.

Streaksy(Posted 2010) [#4]
People keep telling me to haha. Maybe I'll just release the code instead 'cos I'll never finish it.. Never actually played peggle. Just seen my wife play it, so I'm not that motivated about this project. I just thought "I could do that" :P

Taron(Posted 2010) [#5]
Love the designs and effects! Well done...
You could figure out a nicer spin off of it and see what could motivate you to make a release, though. I understand your position, though. But it looks really nice! I'd play it in a heartbeat...for a few levels, hehe, just like peggle itself.

OldNESJunkie(Posted 2010) [#6]
Would be awesome if you decide to release this as a full game or source. Wouldn't mind playing around with the source myself...

DavidDC(Posted 2010) [#7]
When the first image came up I thought it was the title splash screen. But it was the game! Really, really lovely graphics. Well done.

Doiron(Posted 2010) [#8]
Streaksy, your shot at Peggle is a really good one!

Peggle itself is a clone of an old arcade game, available on mame.

Is it? I was pretty sure it was an original take on Pachinko. If you remember the name could you point it out? I'm just curious. After all Zuma was a straight clone of Puzz Loop, albeit much improved.

Streaksy(Posted 2010) [#9]
Thanks everyone =D

Forgot to mention. The background images are from a site of stock art. I can't even remember if I'm allowed to use them without paying haha.. They were designed to be temporary for developement. The plan was to trawl DeviantArt for cute and colourful designs and ask the artists permission on individual pictures.

Anyways I reckon I'll release the code for this if anyone's willing to pick it up? Its a project I don't plan to continue but if someone else wants a shot, be my guest :P

spacerat(Posted 2010) [#10]
I'd consider picking it up. You could even host it on a GitHub repo, for you/I/others to work on it.

Streaksy(Posted 2010) [#11]
I've got this ready to release. There is a lot of files - media, 11 incudables, decls files, directory structure itself....... Anyone know how I can make them available in a rar?

In the meantime I'll read up on FMOD and see if I'm allowed to distribute their free dll for none-profit use... If not people will have to get it themselves. Same for the zip lib. I don't even know what library I'm using haha... I'm relying on someone to recognise it, but I'm pretty sure its ziplib.

plash(Posted 2010) [#12]
FMOD licensing (non-profit = free, unrestricted)

FileFront (I use this)
Dropbox (never used this, know others that do)

jhocking(Posted 2010) [#13]
I use Dropbox and it works great for sharing files internally, but for publicly sharind files I recommend http://www.box.net

Amusingly, their site prominently features a button that says "Free Trial" when basic accounts are already free.

Streaksy(Posted 2010) [#14]
Oops I missed those posts. Okay let me look in to 'em.

Streaksy(Posted 2010) [#15]
uploading

Streaksy(Posted 2010) [#16]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand uploaded. Please see the post text for the link =D

Jesse(Posted 2010) [#17]
Thanks Streaksy, I will have a try at converting it to OO BlitzMax. if I succeed I will post it here as well.

Streaksy(Posted 2010) [#18]
Cool please do =D Can't help ya though as I have zero experience with BlitzMax.

OldNESJunkie(Posted 2010) [#19]
Seems as though some decls are missing, found the one for api_showwindow but still having issues with clearxfonts, maybe something I missed ??

Streaksy(Posted 2010) [#20]
You can just stick a ; on the front of api_showwindow. It's not needed.

Oh the XFonts thing... that was my old realtime effect text stuff. Must have got mixed up somewhere. None of that is needed. Sorry about that. You should be able to just get rid of anything to do with xfonts.

OldNESJunkie(Posted 2010) [#21]
Getting LOTS more errors after that related to

consolesay
drawmessages
updatescripting
dogui
updatelights
updatefog

Removed all those & it ran, pretty darn cool to me.

Streaksy(Posted 2010) [#22]
Yeh my bad. I trimmed a lot of junk out of some of the libraries before I released it....

OOOHHH Now I get why it ran okay for me... Because the missing functions are in my DECLs!! (I do that so in the IDE they show up as proper commands and give you an argument list when you press F1).. A side effect is the functions in the DECLS don't actually have to be present for it to run okay until the point they are called. I think that's why...

Anyway yeh none of that stuff is needed. Doesn't apply to this project. Sorry.

OldNESJunkie(Posted 2010) [#23]
No problem, I eventually figured it out, just posted so others would know what to comment out without the pain :^P