Leadwerks GDC 2010 Showcase in HD

Community Forums/Showcase/Leadwerks GDC 2010 Showcase in HD

JoshK(Posted 2010) [#1]
Please rate and comment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaiTw5RuG84&hd=1

Kryzon(Posted 2010) [#2]
Very nice, I especially liked the lighting (I think it's the most importante feature that can make or break a game's visuals). Those sunrays through the tree's leaves are very interesting too.

If I may ask (not much to do with the thread), where did you find references on writing shaders for self-shadowing characters (and what reading material do you recommend)?

elcoo(Posted 2010) [#3]
More than nice indeed. I always had an eye on your engine, it really developed nicely over the years! Was that video realtime rendered? (I suppose so, because sometimes the fps seemed to drop a bit)
If so, which system was used and what where the average fps?

xmlspy(Posted 2010) [#4]
Amazing video. It covers a lot of what Leadwerks offers. It will create more buzz in time. I'm anxious to see what games are produced using the engine.

MGE(Posted 2010) [#5]
Stupid question....lots of engine development posted on this forum, but is there any games using this engine yet?

Kryzon(Posted 2010) [#6]
I think there is one being worked on by Naughty Alien and some unknowns, if I'm not mistaken (EDIT: Here it is).

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2010) [#7]
Looks nice in HD. I am noticing the popping in of stuff a lot though.

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#8]
It looks good but why not showcase some of the physics stuff too... like having a car driving along certain areas when you fly by etc. While the visuals are great, there is no element of a game, or interactivity with the environment. Just IMHO