Star Opus I

Community Forums/Showcase/Star Opus I

John Cage(Posted 2010) [#1]
My first BM project is still evolving and now the beta 0.9x is available for download.

Star Opus is space action adventure type game. The aim of the game is to complete all the jump points and beat the enemy you'll encounter in the last planet called 'Kaou Pih'. There will be 54 jump points to navigate - with full of cool enemies, black holes and alien hex-cities.

All the graphics are made by using Inkscape. This app really rocks.

http://www.emsproject.com/staropus_094.exe
(zero setup)

Key info;

Use cursor keys to move and thrust.
A - shoot
S - throw grenade. Hold button down to gain speed.

jkrankie(Posted 2010) [#2]
Looks nice :) i remember playing an older version of this a year or so ago. What's new since then?

Cheers
Charlie

John Cage(Posted 2010) [#3]
There are lots'a of improvements including fx, music, intro and the whole new particle engine running. Some new aliens included also; Parasite, Rotator evolved and more.

Included also 2 of my songs I wrote a couple years ago . The first song is called 'Liquid Mind' and the 2nd is ambient type track (Valentina, includin' some authentic speech from Valentina Vladimirovna Tereškova - the first woman in space).

-jc

Snixx(Posted 2010) [#4]
Very nice, would you mind telling me what timing method you use? Delta, fixed, etc? maybe with a lil sample, its veeeeeeeeeery smooth.

John Cage(Posted 2010) [#5]
>Would you mind telling me what timing method you use? Delta, fixed,
>etc?

Star Opus is running 60fps(hi details) or 30fps(lo details). The framerate is fixed. All the alien types has an ability to increase/decreace its particles and visual effects if there are some lack of the framerate.

Streaksy(Posted 2010) [#6]
This is cool. Lots of nice touches.