Tennis - Arcade project

Community Forums/Showcase/Tennis - Arcade project

Santiworld(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi, i like to show my last project, a tennis videogame, arcade and funny style.

for the moment, i only work in the gameplay, now i working on menus.

UPDATE * NEW YOUTUBE - VIDEO

YOUTUBE NEW VIDEO : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M07mtH9Yw4E&feature=channel

i'll appreciate any feedback!

Steve Elliott(Posted 2010) [#2]
Well I'd have more than one ball boy on there for a start. Having just one is too distracting as he runs about all over the place!

OldNESJunkie(Posted 2010) [#3]
I never knew Mr. Potato Head liked tennis.......Looks good so far, keep at it. Good to see that others can complete projects even if I can't...

puki(Posted 2010) [#4]
I think this is legendary.

It is so goofy that it needs to stay goofy.

Keep the one ball boy. I find it funny that you can continue playing tennis with him on the court. It will be hilarious to have just him Larging all over the court chasing the ball.

I too think they are sort of like potatoes - I like that.

Love it!

BlitzSupport(Posted 2010) [#5]
Ha! The ball-boy is great! I like the way he sometimes screws up and throws the ball at the net, too. Don't fix that!

It's hard to tell how well the game plays (I assume it's modelled on Wii Tennis), but it's quite funny to watch, which is a good thing.

nrasool(Posted 2010) [#6]
Well done, watched the video and it is brilliant, loved the small ball boy running around, it is a very cute game, please don't change the style it is brilliant as it is.

Hope to see this come out soon, good luck! :-)

Naughty Alien(Posted 2010) [#7]
..hehe..its kind a cute..i really like it :) hehehehe .. also ill suggest to make some funny variation over voices when they serving ball..that can be really funny.. :)

Steve Elliott(Posted 2010) [#8]
haha. This game is growing on me. :-D Spud-like players wearing shades lmao - bit like cool spot. Anybody remember that platformer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyoRqNeYjC4

Just needs something for the background now - like a crowd.

Amon(Posted 2010) [#9]
lol this is looking fun. I like the style completely.

As others have said keep just one ballboy. That due looks funny.

Can't wait to play or buy when it's finished. :)

Taron(Posted 2010) [#10]
LOL...oh wait...I'm not the first to start that way, haha!
Yeah, ballboy rocks! I think many people will play for a while just to exhaust and terrify that poor fella. It would be nice, though, if he would have the ball in his hands a bit more obviously before he throws it. It would also be absolutely hillarious if he were to get exhausted after some time...

Great way to reactivate people's empathy, even if only to enjoy watching the suffering, pffff... lol

Santiworld(Posted 2010) [#11]
hi,
I'm glad to see that you like the concept of this game, is the first time that I make something that is not a simulator. I'm thinking some ways to get sponsors for this game, and make it available for free.

I'd appreciate if anyone knows a good way to distribuite the game, I'm open to suggestions.

I'll finish the menu soon and I'll let you know.

regards,
Santiago

Santiworld(Posted 2010) [#12]
i made a new video with the progress..

youtube link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M07mtH9Yw4E&feature=channel

some new updates

New stadium
new back board
new objects
new controls (gameplay)
new menu
new simple player creator