My first game: SHIFT (C64-Remake)

Community Forums/Showcase/My first game: SHIFT (C64-Remake)

qim(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi,

I would like to show you the editor to my first game called SHIFT. It's a sokoban clone, but with some extras like keys, oneways, etc.

The original game was released in 1990 on a german C64 diskmag called Magic Disk 64. Since then this game "haunts" me and I always wanted to make a remake of it.

This is a screenshot to my simple level editor and the second level of the game. Graphics are probably not final, at least not some of them.

You are the yellow thing in the bottom left and you've to move the hearts to the grey boxes. Then both vanish and you collect a diamond. In each level you've to remove all hearts.

Bye,
Oliver

Dabhand(Posted 2010) [#2]
Swwweeeettt! :)

Dabz

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#3]
Just a FYI: You have 'wall, blue (horizontal)' twice, and are missing 'wall, blue (vertical)'

qim(Posted 2010) [#4]
I know, it's just a typo in my data file. But I fixed it already. ;-)

Steve Elliott(Posted 2010) [#5]
Neat. Did you write the Level Editor in BlitzMax too?

qim(Posted 2010) [#6]
Yeah, it's a very simple MaxGUI app, just a menu, list and canvas. Nothing special, I just wanted some levels done to test them within the game. You can select an item and place it on the canvas.

The properties of the items (eg. image filename, if they're movable, can be collected, etc.) are set by a textfile.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2010) [#7]
Thanks for the info on MaxGUI qim. I needed to write an IDE, so I bought it and wrote one today. Very easy to use.