My Blitz Max Games

Community Forums/Showcase/My Blitz Max Games

Welsh(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi,

Long time user and visitor to these forums, but as far as I remember, this is my first post.

I've written a few games over the years, most of which I've ended up loosing due to hard drive failures, stupidity, etc.

To try to prevent this, I've started a website with some of my work on. All games are free, are pretty retro in style and aren't that great looking I'm afraid mainly because I'm a terrible graphic artist and have to rely on the many excellent graphic resources on the web rather than create my own. Please feel free to download, comment are always welcome.

Games currently online, Earth Defender (shoot-em-up), Lost Caverns (Platform game), Space Invaders (Guess) and an Asteroids remake, Meteor Storm.

Enjoy.

Jim Jams Games!

matibee(Posted 2010) [#2]
Hi Dave and welcome!

For authenticity your space invader game shouldn't use green and white sprites-- just use white sprites then draw a transparent green stripe across the bottom of the screen :)

I couldn't try it out as the download is borked.

Welsh(Posted 2010) [#3]
Thanks for welcome..

Weird about the Space Invaders download, I'd swear it used to work!

Anyway, I've uploaded a non-rar'ed version, hopefully that will solve any issues.

Good point about the green stripe.. I'll alter that at some point..

Jesse(Posted 2010) [#4]
Hi Dave. Welcome to the nicest and friendliest place in the Internet... ;).
I tried Earth Defender even though I hate installers. It's a decent game a lot better than my Space invaders clone I made a few years back. it's in my download link in my signature along with other games and demos if you are interested in looking them up. Most of my stuff includes source code. I have lost work as you mentioned above now I keep mos of my work in flash drives as back up.

anyway, I hope we see more work from you in the future, with out installers, I hope ;).

Chugs40(Posted 2010) [#5]
I like the look of your retro stuff - keep it up! :)

Welsh(Posted 2010) [#6]
Jesse - Thanks for the welcome and I'm glad you enjoyed Earth Defender. I'll consider uploading a non-installer version in future. I'll check out your games, I like the way you're packaging the source code as well. It's good to see how others go about things.

Chugs40 - Thanks, I do prefer the retro style and have a couple of new games in the works.

Welsh(Posted 2013) [#7]
Hi Guys,

It's been a long time since I've posted here.

Although this is a long shot, I was wondering if anyone still had copies of any of my games above. Due to a hard drive failure and mediafire kindly deleting all of my links without telling me, I've lost all versions of these games.

I doubt anyone has kept them, or even remembers them, but if anyway has that would be great.

Thanks to anyone who reads this, wether you can help or not.