TileMax Beta 1

Community Forums/Showcase/TileMax Beta 1

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#1]
OK... here we go...
TileMax Beta 1.0 Opened for further testing and experimentation...

This includes:
- Documentation!
- Particle System that also doubles as a sprite system by setting a particle to Persistent mode. Movement of Sprites can be accomplished explicitly, by sequencing, by vector based movement, or by physics based movement. There is even support for verlet type movement using lastx/lasty parameters
- Timing System utilizing both tick count, and delta time with the ability to throttle catch-up to control jitter and/or hyper movement on delays. It also has a built-in FPS and Sequencers
- Animation Control System which provides additional capabilities for animations

Samples are also included to get you going.

This is essentially the first public opening of TileMax to the PD/Freeware/Shareware crowd

Additional sections of TileMax will be released after they complete alpha testing. I'm doing this in portions to keep it manageable for me, and relative to my ability to respond to issues/requests.

Once I am satisfied that TileMax Beta is stable and meeting the needs of the users, I will push it to a production release.

Cheers.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2010) [#2]
Cool. So is this free, or?

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#3]
Its free for shareware, freeware, and Public Domain as long as the splash remains. I'm honestly not going to be charging much for this whole system anyway.. No more than the price of a game thats for sure.

BTW: I'll be changing the splash event in upcoming versions to something more subtle

Amon(Posted 2010) [#4]
Deffo buying this. :)

I'd send a paypal payment today for license.

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#5]
Hmmm... I wasn't really expecting any purchase interest in this until after the Tile System was released.

Once I have some good-to-go reports back on this initial beta I'll finalize the licensing and consider posting it for pre-sale.

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#6]
Don't ask how this was missed (because I haven't a clue) but the Beta will be updated today. TMStart() which initializes the whole system was leaving the scale at or very near 0... I have a tendency to automatically set the scale, blend etc at the beginning of my projects so thats likely how I missed it.

I can imagine that would be uninspiring to start off with when testing a framework so please refrain from downloading until I repost.

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#7]
Ok.. I didn't get it updated as quickly as I wanted because I decided to include a match-3 sample app in the beta...

The code comes with the Beta but here is an zipped exe of it in action..

I'll be posting the new Beta 1.1 tonight PST, which includes a few fixes/tweaks in the Anim system.

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#8]
I should add that the match system is currently set to swap and match in 8 directions instead of the normal 4... but one switch can change that behavior

Hotshot2005(Posted 2010) [#9]
look nice and could you tell me what is happening with your tileMax?

Nigel Brown(Posted 2010) [#10]
Is there a MAC version?

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#11]
I'm not using anything outside of BlitzMax to create the framework (so far) so a MAC/Linux version is definately going to happen.

That being said, I don't have a MAC so I can't compile it yet but thats just a matter of getting a trusted person to compile it for me. Of course the other option is someone buys me a MAC and I compile it with that. I'm not sure which is more likely to happen ;)

As far as what is happening with it, I just hit a major milestone with the TileSystem and Sprite System.. its all working now with the exception of re-enabling and testing the collision system. The good side is that I am using the same system I used with the actors, but the down side is that I have to update the parameter references within it. Might only be a few hours of coding though. From there, its documentation time. I can usually pump documentation off pretty quickly.. its the tweaking that never seems to end ;)

Cheers.

Nate the Great(Posted 2010) [#12]
sorry i didnt see this thread before, nice job on the release!