Arkhelom 3D, a new space shooter

Community Forums/Showcase/Arkhelom 3D, a new space shooter

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#1]

Arkhelom 3D is a space shooter in developement phase. Its main features are:
- Arkhelom 3D will be a FULL FREE game. The only requirement you will devote 30 seconds to download a free access code that will give you all day to play.
- The game is entirely in 3D, both scenarios as their ships. You have a good number of ships, each with its own characteristics (speed, power, ability to coat, heavy ammunition capacity, ...). Plus you'll be improving the equipment of your ships with bonus points. You can improve your lasers, missiles and achieve different droids to help you in the game. Each ship will have different levels of evolution to be activated with items during the games.
- Your scores will be accumulated in a World Ranking will be divided into 4 parts: the best scores of a game, the best overall scores accumulated from the first day you play Arkhelom 3D, players have more medals and ultimately the players more days have played the game.
- The concept of Arkhelom game is unlike many other games of this type. You can play the levels in the order you prefer. By completing a level you can choose yourself the next level where you will play. The game's difficulty will be increased as you play, so save your game score the maximum level of difficulty you have achieved are reflected in the world ranking, and the ship model with which you played.
- Every day you play you get bonus points. Each time you exceed your own records or every day you stay at the top of any of the 4 world rankings get a medal and extra bonus points. During the game items will also give you bonus points. With these bonus points you can improve the characteristics of each of your ships (lasers, missiles and droids).
- As usual in such games, items will appear that will enhance the features of the ship during the game, improving the speed, frequency and power of your lasers, ammunition and power of your missiles, raise your shield, points bonus and others.
- Periodically on the website will create new free content, such as new ships of different features, new levels downloadable, music, audio effects and new versions of the game engine to improve its playability.
- Users can make suggestions to improve the game and its updates, report bugs and even play the game by creating new ships that will join the game.

DOWNLOAD VIDEO HERE: Click here!

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#2]
A new logo for Arkhelom3D. I think this is better than the old logo.

Pete Rigz(Posted 2010) [#3]
Looks interesting! Believe it or not, I made that Spaceship (the big capital ship in the background on the second pic) many moons ago :) Glad to see people still getting some use out of it! The colours seem a little washed out in the screen shot though, maybe its the way you're lighting the scene?

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#4]
Yes Pete, a great design the big capital. I like it and I use in a level of Arkhelom3D. In this first version of the game I have to use some music loops and free models. For later versions, with more time to work to create more models made by me. I added illumination to the ship from Giles to create a lightmap. Thanks for this good model.

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#5]
Hi, a new video in youtube with some gameplay of version 1.0

View here!

Within weeks the game will be available for download. It's a completely free game. The only requirement to play is take a minute to download a file with a secret code that will play all day.

Through www.dreamssoftgames.com website you can download new content that will be hanging periodically, as new levels, ships, loops, ...

Arkhelom 3D is a space shoot'em up completely made in Blitz3d inspired by the classics of the genre that promises many hours of gameplay, with a ranking of world records, awards in the form of medals, bonus points that will enhance our ships with lasers, misils and droids, items that will improve our ship during the game, vertical and horizontal scroll levels and many enemies and final bosses.

Sauer(Posted 2010) [#6]
Wow! I'm impressed. Looks very fun, and graphically sharp.

Let us know when it's available for download.

MGE(Posted 2010) [#7]
Video looks cool, but I think you need shadows on the space ships, the illusion of depth was lost on some of those shots. You couldn't tell if a baddie ship was on top of a building or the road, etc.

skn3(Posted 2010) [#8]
Looks very cool indeed but there are a few tweaks I would make:

- speed up the background movement slighty.. seems incredibly slow
- redo some of the particle graphics. Some of them seem to look like the ships are firing colored "gunk" or very faint
- add vertex lighting effects for the explosions/weapon particles
- on the video it is very hard to make out the ship, seems to blend to well into the background...

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#9]
I am very grateful for your good comments about the game and also suggestions to improve it.

I think they can be very useful and I will work these weeks to implement these improvements in version 1.0 or in the next version.

Specifically:
- The land receives the bitmap with the shadows of the ships but some elements of the scenary did not receive it and then you lose the illusion of depth. (real-time shadows in future versions)
- speed up the background somewhat faster.
- redo some of the particle graphics (some shoots of the enemies ships).
- vertex lighting effects for explosions.
- improve the visibility of the ships not to be confused with the background.

Thanks.

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#10]
Hello, after two hard weeks of work, I managed to improve some of the features of the game that needed changes.

Now:
- The land and the scenery receive the bitmap with the shadows of the ships producing an illusion of depth. (Real-time shadows in future versions)
- I accelerated the scroll speed of some scenes twice. I promise to create new levels of scroll faster and longer scenes.
- I have improved the system of particles shooting, creating animated textures to improve the visibility of the shots on stage.
- I added vertex lighting effects for explosions and shots.
- I Improve the visibility and the type of the ships in every level not to be confused with the background.
- In addition I have created a new boss to add in future levels downloadable from the website and some new enemy ships.
- Also I modified the flames shot with a lively texture that enhances the effect of fire.
- I have also improved the shot that is aimed at the enemy, allowing to reach a greater number of different targets.

In short I create new videos to see improvements in the game.

Also in a couple of days will be available for free full game and extra content downloadable from the website. The only requirement to play Arkhelom3D is download a .pdf file of megaupload web containing a code that allows access to the main menu. The download file is free, no viruses, no installation files or programs and only takes 1 minute of time.

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#11]

Now it's available free full version of Arkhelom 3D (version 1.0).

It's a spacial shot'em up made in Blitz3d.

The only requirement is download a megaupload file that contains an access code required to access the main menu. It's a short and simple process.

On the website are available new levels, ships and loops for download free of charge and we will periodically placing new content.

Agreeable to your opinions and suggestions to try to incorporate them into upcoming versions of the game.

I hope you enjoy the game!

Download Arkhelom 3D here!

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#12]
A new video with new gameplay and some final boss in action.

View video gameplay (2) here!

I'm working in Version 1.1 because some people have found problems with the mouse sensitivity, because the simpler ships are responding too slowly to mouse movement.

I am also working to assist in the start of the game (where the ship is less powerful) by creating items of various types to enhance the features of initial attack of the ship.