Tricky Tracks 2010 Released

Community Forums/Showcase/Tricky Tracks 2010 Released

Mark Judd(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi all,

In an act of shameless self promotion, I wanted to let you know that Tricky Tracks 2010 is available to try / buy from my website.

http://www.wildebeestgames.com/trickytracks.htm

I've also tried to tidy up my site, but I think I might have made it worse !
Oh well, at least all the stuff isn't just on one big page now.

If you get a minute, let me know what you think, both of the game and the website if you fancy.

Oh and btw, all games are coded in B3D.

cheers,

Mark

OldNESJunkie(Posted 2010) [#2]
Just so you know, on the Tricky Tracks page at the bottom you might want to change the last line...

"Detonate has been tested on Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7. "

Anyways, tried the demo, loved it, just bought it :^)

Mark Judd(Posted 2010) [#3]
Thank-you friend !

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#4]
Looks really fun!

Barnabius(Posted 2010) [#5]
Finally! I really enjoyed the initial demo when it was available for the first time, so I was quite happy to finally been able to get it.

Barney

GoR(Posted 2010) [#6]
Nice game! Do you know the game "Re-Volt"? Maybe you could create a little fun racer with that great engine and the physics :)

Yeshu777(Posted 2010) [#7]
Looks very good, will try it later.

Only 5 Euros? almost giving it away.

Mark Judd(Posted 2010) [#8]
@Barney - waddya mean finally ? Its only been 3 yrs :)

@_skully - thanks !

@GoR - Yeah i played re-volt for a bit, i'm more into simulations though - and Vordermans your man when it comes to fun racers with his SCR - so i've left it a solo affair.

@Yeshu777 - price point is a issue - hopefully it's cheap enough so folk go 'oh ok what the heck' sales have been ok up to now. Its a tough call.

I'll be looking for some testers for my climbing game next.

cheers,

Mark

Doggie(Posted 2010) [#9]
It's like miniature golf with a car. Frustrating and fun.

Tommo(Posted 2010) [#10]
Great fun!

I think a brighter environment would be better, the smoke like cloud may have bad effect on player's patience.

Can you use some other way to limit demo version? I think pepole need some time to get into your game. I hate being interrupted while playing right in a level.

5 euro is too few. It worthes much more than this.

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#11]
Oh Ya this is really fun... ive been waiting for days to try this. It reminds me of a multiplayer racing game on the Amiga.. the name escapes me.

Anyway, the controls were pretty intuitive and the collisions are great! I managed the first 2 tracks before I realized you had those tilt panels and went flying off... one thing that made me go hmm... was when I hit the end of the second track I floored it and went bouncing up into the air while the "press spacebar" came up... the scene was flipping about and that was disorienting from the checkpoint text. maybe just slow time down after you make it. Not a real issue just a thought that popped out at the time... anyway...

Have you thought about adding weather effects? maybe to enhance the environment since your floating way up... Seeing a cool hurricane in the background or something would be really cool...just ideas.

Cheers

Mark Judd(Posted 2010) [#12]
"It's like miniature golf with a car. Frustrating and fun."
@ Doggie - made me laugh out loud - that's a classic (can I use it for promotion ?!)

@ Tommo - Thanks for looking, glad you like it. I know the demo limitation is annoying, but if you you quit to menu it resets the distance counter (which is the limitation) you can then re-start the level and finish it.
I figured if i gave too much away no-one would buy. I hoped the low price might encourage sales as well.

@ _Skully - Again, i appreciate you taking the time. Thanks. I really like your idea of slowing time down when the level is completed. I had thought about forcing the player to come to a dead stop before the final checkpoint time registers, but it didn't feel right.
Slowing down time sounds cool, I'm going to have a look.

Thanks again all for looking,

cheers

Mark

Chalky(Posted 2010) [#13]
This is great fun - reminds me of Stunt Car Racer - but harder...

One small problem was when I bounced around the track on level 2, and ended up with my left rear wheel "below" the track wall with the rest of the car at an angle over the track. Seems I somehow went "through" the wall and then was stuck until I pressed SPACE.

Very good stuff.

Dabhand(Posted 2010) [#14]
Looks good, my little brother will love this! :)

Dabz

Doggie(Posted 2010) [#15]
Feel free to use my comment for your game. ;)