Leadwerks Engine 2.3 Evaluation Kit released

Community Forums/Showcase/Leadwerks Engine 2.3 Evaluation Kit released

JoshK(Posted 2010) [#1]
The evaluation kit for Leadwerks Engine 2.3 has been released:
http://leadwerks.com/werkspace/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=98

The evaluation kit allows saving and script editing for a period of 30 days. BlitzMax programming is not possible with the evaluation kit. An NVidia GEForce 7000 or ATI Radeon 2000 series graphics card is required. An NVidia GEForce 8800 or ATI Radeon 3870 graphics card is recommended. Please ensure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card.

puki(Posted 2010) [#2]
Good stuff.

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#3]
Nice...

Just FYI.. under IE 6.29 the Leadwerks title is showing as erks... basically the header is shifted left... IE 6 still has a huge share of the browser market so you might want to fix that. No I don't use IE at home ;)

Cheers.

JoshK(Posted 2010) [#4]
The website is not compatible with internet explorer 6. The dropdown menus are impossible with IE6. According to the data I looked at IE6 accounts for about 13% of browsers. However, I think these are mostly office machines no one cares about. No technical person would be using it.

Htbaa(Posted 2010) [#5]
It's no good on my laptops video card (ATI 3650). I won't even try it on my desktop (Nvidia 8400GS). The only example that seems to render properly is the tunnel scene. Artic scene seems fine (10fps though) but when entering game mode I see no ground.

JoshK(Posted 2010) [#6]
ATI released driver 10.1 a couple days ago:
http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.HTML

Htbaa(Posted 2010) [#7]
Ah, might give it another go then.

puki(Posted 2010) [#8]
I love the artic forest thing - trees everywhere. It was kind of creepy though as it made me think of bigfoot (the US yeti thing). I'd like the option to run a bit faster in the demo - just in case.

Htbaa(Posted 2010) [#9]
Pitty, after the driver update still no difference. Although the framerate in the arctic scene is about 18fps now.

JoshK(Posted 2010) [#10]
Can you describe your problem?

Htbaa(Posted 2010) [#11]
Terrain simply doesn't render.

Arctic demo: I don't see the ground, it's just white underneath the trees.
Road/desert demo: I see the road, but no terrain.
Train: I see the train and rails, but again no terrain.

Only the tunnel example seemed to be without problems.

JoshK(Posted 2010) [#12]
Can you post a screenshot? If you find the environment>atmosphere object, you can edit the properties to turn fog off. Also, if you can post your editor.log file, it would help a lot. I suspect the terrain might be there, but is rendered completely flat at a height of 0.

Either this card is a weird exception that doesn't support texture lookups in the vertex shader, or there is a driver problem that is unique to this card. If it is a driver problem, I can get ATI to fix it.

Htbaa(Posted 2010) [#13]
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/5464/naamloos2q.jpg

Console:

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/9459/naamloosym.jpg

Sorry for screwing up this topic with this lengthy post... :-|

JoshK(Posted 2010) [#14]
That's interesting. Your card does not shader model 4, even though it is supposed to.

I think it may be possible to make your card work still by using a different texture format for the terrain heightmap texture, or by having ATI fix it, if a driver error exists.

SabataRH(Posted 2010) [#15]
Trying out the Evaluation now, attmepting to convert some meshes over to the editor.

SabataRH(Posted 2010) [#16]
Guys, if it's been awhile since you last checked out LE, like myself, then I must say it's seriously worth another look. The engine has been improved in almost all aspects and Josh and the LE community are very helpful with newbees to the engine. I had several questions and the fourms over there are were very patient with me and always had the right answer to fix my current dilimia. All around my evaluation of the latest LE has been nothing but enjoyable.. To the point im heavily considering a license.

The art pipeline seems well enough, I was able to convert some media I had over to it and ater a few forum posts the media was up and running in the editor. I would however liked to have seen an importer for the gmf format, either Unwrap or max2010 but saving out a copy of the source before conversionworked for me - just an extra step. Screeshot

Later I decided to try my hand at Lua scrpting from within the editor, after about 3 hours of playing with it, and several more forum posts asking questions, I had pretty much mimic'd my entire Treeparty product line. Screeshot

Just my two-cents. I'm not a LE endorser, just stating my experience with the LE 2.3 evaluation and the community that follows it.