Just some Friday night goofing with the particles

Community Forums/Showcase/Just some Friday night goofing with the particles

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi, Just goofing around with the particle system on the weekend. Alpha testers helped flush out a major bug... so its down the drain. I started playing with it a bit and made this for my kids to play with before bed

Particles spawn at the mouse pointer.. click to spawn

Everything... is moving... ;)
Persistent Particles... sprites!

spacerat(Posted 2010) [#2]
Hard to tell without a particle counter/fps counter, but it looks pretty fast.

Taron(Posted 2010) [#3]
Somehow 700+k removes any speed benefit to me, HAHA! But yeah...pretty. Space didn't clear, though.

Nate the Great(Posted 2010) [#4]
nice... is this your new particle system I heard you mention?

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#5]
Sure is :)

Taron(Posted 2010) [#6]
Hmmm...You've inspired me to play around for a sec with such an idea. I'm currently experimenting with openGL so that's been a great moment. But I'm not sure, if you'd mind, if I post code in your thread... it's a little thing in the family of what you've got up there, but only a few lines of code that compile to 93kb with BLide's publishing compression.

Say "yay" and I'll drop in the codebox.

MGE(Posted 2010) [#7]
YAY.

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#8]
Hey go for it :) ... yay

Taron(Posted 2010) [#9]
Woops, hehe, I was gonna go to bed but became too excited so I posted it in its own little thread. I think it would have had the potential to hijack your thread, too, just because of a number of things in there, that could become a topic.

Eitherway: THANK YOU, _SKULLY! You've given me one heck of a goodnite sleep with your wonderful inspiration!

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#10]
LOL.. I'm completely not worried about a thread hijack.. it was just honestly something i made for the kids... thought it was pretty and posted it! I encourage others to do the same!

Taron(Posted 2010) [#11]
Very cool, but every thread has the chance to develop into something meaningful, no matter how harmless and unsuspecting the origin, hehe. You've got a very cool thing going with your TileMAX and I'm all for letting any angle, even if ever so small, roll for what it is! SWEET stuff! :o)

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#12]
Thanks Taron.. nice to know I contributed to putting a smile on someones face :)