Cocktail Mania

Community Forums/Showcase/Cocktail Mania

Giano(Posted 2010) [#1]
Step into the shoes of a brand new bartender fresh out of school, and experience your very own Cocktail Mania!
Serve up some tasty concoctions and keep your customers happy to make it to the top!
Begin at the bottom working at a beach bar, and climb your way up to the swankiest clubs in town.
Use your Match 3 skills and unique upgrades, like coffee, ice cubes, and more, to succeed and earn loads of money in tips.

Unique upgradesGripping gameplayGet lost in Cocktail Mania!

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/7123/cocktail-mania/index.html

Completely written in c++ with blitz3d sdk! :)

Ciao

Hotshot2005(Posted 2010) [#2]
c++ with blitz3d sdk!?

Welldone! Look nice Puzzle game :)

slenkar(Posted 2010) [#3]
im going to try this game because i am applying for a job as a barman and i need some experience

BlitzSupport(Posted 2010) [#4]
Nice. It's good to see the SDK getting put to commercial use too!

GfK(Posted 2010) [#5]
G/f is just looking at it.

Couple of random mumbles I've picked up - all font/text related:

1. (pertaining to the pre-game instructions)
"F**k that I ain't reading all that". Have to agree there is a hell of a lot of text. I saw three separate screens, chock-full of text. Far too much, imho.

2. She's currently looking at a screen that says "Money bags" at the top, and having trouble reading another mass of white text on a pale background. She's also mentioned that the other font is difficult to read too.

She does play a lot of this type of game and I think the point to note is, way too much text and hard-to-read fonts. She's still playing it so it can't be all bad. :)

Nate the Great(Posted 2010) [#6]
nice game.. I dont particularely like mach threes but I tried one once and gave up on the algorithms to find matchs. good job man

Giano(Posted 2010) [#7]
Hi all,
your comments are very appreciate because at the moment I feel a little sad.

The game is considered the most awful match3 game ever due its strange approach to the match 3.

When we started developing this game we consider that all the match 3 games were clone each other. So we decided to create something different, where the focus was the playability and not the extern part of the game (menus, story, fairys and special effects).
So we realized a game different from any other based on speed, rithm and strategy.
The game has a lot of features that can't be evidenced directly...
- For example, maintaining a costant rithm the game awards you with extra scores and multiplier.
- The gameplay is continued and not interrupted like any match3 where you have to wait that all the pieces are placed..here you can continue in matching also when pieces are falling
- there is a strategy for each round to avoid unuseful match not required and to finish before the time is over and to avoid the drunking time.
- the music is synchronized with the rithm of matches you need to mantain
ect..etc..
- each tile is a single object that has its sound, its grafix, animation and can be scaled in any dimension with a pixel perfect 3d rountine..so is possible to have from 6x6 to 25x25 tiles on the stage!

All That is exactly what all the other match3 games avoid.
Match3 is considered only a relaxing game.

Cocktail mania is an hard core match3 for its mature contents and playability.

Now I ask you to download and try the demo and if you like it (considering my words above) please give it a positive feedback in the game forum .. I really need it! And probably not only for me...

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/1544.page

Thanks

Gianluca

A Trick:
If you want to create a casual game...please clone any other and change grafix and music...this will be a success :) Omologations is the way !

Here a present for each blitz user...

http://www.youoco.com/

It's free and based on the same "awful" match3 engine :)

Any criticism will be appreciated..thanks
Bye!

GfK(Posted 2010) [#8]
Omologations is the way !
I know, but I'm allergic to eggs. :D

The game is considered the most awful match3 game ever
After reading the game feedback and crash bugs aside, "most awful match3 game ever" is a bit harsh. I must admit I found the flashing/blurring effects a bit nauseating. Don't get me wrong; given the genre of the game I totally get why you did it, but feeling wobbly through drink, and feeling wobbly through a visually induced seizure, are two different things and I think most players would prefer to not have that.

[edit] One thing though - pretending to be a 'customer' and reviewing your own game just isn't right. Given the feebdack so far I can appreciate that you might want a bit of positivity, but I think that's bang out of order and you're going to look like a bit of a tit when/if you get busted.

Giano(Posted 2010) [#9]
GfK...
probably you are right..on everything. :(

Here some other screenshots ...

and ...the funny and orrible drunken special effect

Have fun!

slenkar(Posted 2010) [#10]
Theres a few gui annoyances, like you have to hold down keys to type in your name,
when you start a new level you see the board but cannot play, you have to wait for a menu or text screen to appear and dissapear,

when you start the game for the first time, you have to press profile to start the game which may not be obvious and may cause annoyance.

Grey Alien(Posted 2010) [#11]
The gameplay is continued and not interrupted like any match3 where you have to wait that all the pieces are placed..here you can continue in matching also when pieces are falling
Lots of other match-3s do this, it's not unique to your game, for example I did it in my first match-3 because I also dislike waiting for all the tiles to land before I can make more matches.

Good luck with the game. Learn from your mistakes and make a better game next time (listen to the customer feedback if you want to see more copies).