JamGems

Community Forums/Showcase/JamGems

Digital Anime(Posted 2010) [#1]

Maybe some you you remember the game Simon on which this game is based. The device plays a tune, and you need to repeat that tune by pressing the correct buttons or in this case the Gems. This game will start with 1 Gem lighting up and after you press the correct Gem the game will make the tune a bit longer by letting 2 Gems light up and so on until you make a mistake.

Todo's :

- Hiscore-Not able to enter a hiscore yet which is saved.
- Score-The score works but needs to be improved in graphics when updating the score
- Multiplier-I want to add something to check if the tune you repeat is repeated in the same tempo for extra points.
- Controls-Add the possibility to use XBox360 or other controllers to play the game.
- Effects-Will add some extra effects when the multiplier is activated or when reaching a certain amount of points.
- Play modes-I will leave this for last when I got a fully functional game.

playable version :

JamGems.zip Win32 only

The game will detect your desktop resolution and use that as main resolution.

Controls :

ESC = Quit
Space = Start Game
Cursor arrows = Press Gem

Have fun!

Digital Anime(Posted 2010) [#2]
Anyone tried this one yet?

Was just curious if there are any comments/ideas about this small game.
I also wonder if it runs well on any Windows version and computer.

Chalky(Posted 2010) [#3]
I downloaded it but when I ran it the first thing it did was open a console window and try to access the internet, so I ended it immediately. What does it do when you first run it?

Digital Anime(Posted 2010) [#4]
The Console window is just me who forgot to disable it when compiling it, I sometimes make small console like applications as well. I checked again and indeed get the consolescreen myself, after that the game starts. I will recompile it when home.

So pardon me if that gave you the scares... :-p

About the trying to get access to internet part I'm not sure what part is causing it. I used the B3D.dll for the 3D part and MaxGui to detect the desktop resolution at start.

I also checked the exe for Virusses before placing it on http://www.virustotal.com just to be sure.

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#5]
About the trying to get access to internet part I'm not sure what part is causing it.
Are you using the DirectX drivers?

It sounds like Chalky has DX set to phone home and check for WHQL digital signatures.

Digital Anime(Posted 2010) [#6]
That must be it :-)

I use B3DSDK (B3D.dll) and it uses DirectX. It's a little more stable then MiniB3D's OpenGL as far as I noticed.

Chalky(Posted 2010) [#7]
Hmmm. Well I just ran dxdiag, and the check for WHQL digital signatures box was not checked :o/