Working on little dungeon generator

Community Forums/Showcase/Working on little dungeon generator

Kalisme(Posted 2009) [#1]
I haven't been on the blitz forums for quite a while... Just came back on today and I'm very happy... really like this place.

Anywho, I was coding a quick little dungeon generator last night... well... I'm still up... Started at about 3 or 4 am and now it's 8:45am... I'm hoping on converting this to flash once I've got it working better... Trying to get some sponsorships and I figure it would be fun to make a little realtime netHack inspired game with an oldschool gameboy zelda sort of feel...

Here's what I coded last night...

(this was coded in blitz3d... but it's 2d!

The controls are pretty simple...
arrow keys move around the map...
holding the "a" key shows a small version of the whole map
Holding the space button shows the floors sectors
(eg: if you pass beyond the third door, which requires the third key, the floor beyond that door is the third sector)
and esc quits the map viewer.

There are some obviouse glitches....
Mainly to do with doors not being there to cut off certain sectors... I'm hoping to fix it, but I just needed a break from staring at the screen...
I'll also probably rewrite it a few times to shorten it before I convert it to flash...

But before I do this whole flash thing, I was thinking about doing a little free "BlitzHack" or something... including all source code of course.

You'll probably knowtice this is just a single layered map, while nethack has many layers going deeper into the dungeon... this is because I'm trying to keep the flash game in mind... I remember reading on some thread the amount of monsters and items in nethack on the screen at once would be "impossible" for flash... well, me not beleiving in "impossible" when it comes to coding has figured out a way of speeding up the game, but I'm not sure I could do the multi-leveled dungeon quite yet...

Well, I better quit blabbering... I've been without conversation for too long... sorry.

Any feedback or helpful suggestions towards the code would be nice.