Seamless Tiled Animations in TimelineFX

Community Forums/Showcase/Seamless Tiled Animations in TimelineFX

Pete Rigz(Posted 2009) [#1]
Thought I'd showcase a new feature in TimelineFX (the particle effects editor and module for Blitzmax) where you can now export animations that are seamless, to be used as animated textures, backgrounds etc. Here's a small demo showing some of the example effects just exported as a seamless texture:

(press space to cycle through the 4 different example animations)

http://www.rigzsoft.co.uk/files/TimelineFXTiledAnimations.zip

Armitage 1982(Posted 2009) [#2]
This is incredible really !

No use for it right know unfortunately but I wouldn't mind contribute if you ever create a special offer for the editor.
Thing is if I ever want to use TimeLineFx in my game engine I need to create a full built-in editor for it and I suppose it wouldn't be fair considering the amount of work behind this particles engine !

So much faster... I'm jealous :)

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2009) [#3]
Where is the option to do this? I would like to try it.

Also how do you load the other emitter types available for download from you site?

Ta.

Pete Rigz(Posted 2009) [#4]
Cheers Armitage. There's no restrictions to making your own editor for the module, but it'd probably take a while :)

Boiled Sweets: This option is found on the Animation Properties dialogue - right click on an effect or under the edit menu select "Animation Properties". Then you can check the Seamless check box and click update. I'll do a proper little tutorial over the weekend.

To load an effect emitter library just go to the file menu and select open library.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2009) [#5]
the "Shoot 'em ups" download doesn't contain a .eff file. Should it?

Pete Rigz(Posted 2009) [#6]
It should just download an eff file which you can load straight into the editor, I just double checked and the download seems to be fine... here's a direct link to the download: http://www.rigzsoft.co.uk/files/emitters/ShootemUpEffects.eff

SpaceAce(Posted 2009) [#7]
I am not currently working on a project that requires particle effects, I already own an old, expensive (but still useful) particle editing package. I have much more important things on my mind, such as a 1,200 mile move coming up at the end of this month, for which I have not even begun to pack. I have no free time and no conceivable use for this piece of software, yet here I am downloading the newest build. I am going to end up wasting huge amounts of time drawing random curves in the graph editors while fighting the urge to blow another $35 of my house-moving budget on the registered version.

I am pretty sure testosterone is involved, somehow.

SpaceAce

MGE(Posted 2009) [#8]
To anyone that owns this package and is comfortable with the editor, please consider making/selling an explosion library. As many as you can! :) I have no time to make my own explosions, so I can't justify the purchase of the editor, but if there were several particle, explosion packs, etc, available to purchase that would give me a reason to buy both! :)

Pete Rigz(Posted 2009) [#9]
MGE, I did do an explosion library, which you can find on the emitter downloads page, you might have missed that in the other thread. Link to page here: http://www.rigzsoft.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=41&Itemid=24

Was there a particular style of explosion you were after? Realistic/Toon etc. ?