Ked's ImageVideo Module [BLITZMAX]

Community Forums/Showcase/Ked's ImageVideo Module [BLITZMAX]

Ked(Posted 2009) [#1]
PLEASE NOTE: This does not support other video/movie file formats other than my KVF format which was made specifically for this module.

Download
http://www.filefront.com/14950971/ImageVideo%20Module.zip

This module allows KVF video files to be used in BlitzMax applications (through the Max2D module). It currently does not support sound (but I plan on implementing it in a future version). A recording example and a playback example are included in the examples folder.

Sorry for the shortness of this post. I've been working on this pretty much all day for release and I'm kind of fried. :)

Let me know what you think. I know its not much, but hopefully it will evolve.

Ked(Posted 2009) [#2]
Alright! Now that I have some energy, how about a better description on this?

Note: This was in no way supposed to be a AVI, MPG, etc. movie loader. I made it for in-game cutscenes, intro videos, etc.

Features:
* Provides the ability to load KVF-formatted video files for use in BlitzMax applications
* When recording, you can set the delay between frames, frame count, author name, and author comments
* When playing, you can set the video to loop continuously
* You can get the current frame index of a playing/recording video
* You can set the current frame index of a playing video
* (As with most videos) you can play, pause, and stop a video
* All Max2D commands (SetScale, SetAlpha, SetColor, etc.) will work when drawing a video

I see that I have 5 downloads! Any comments from the people who've downloaded it?

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#3]
how do you create a KVF video?

Ked(Posted 2009) [#4]
When you are finished recording, call SaveImageVideo(yourvideo:TImageVideo, "videonamehere.kvf").