ifsoGUI Form Editor

Community Forums/Showcase/ifsoGUI Form Editor

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#1]
I have finally found time to finish a form editor for ifsoGUI.

It is a first version, basically still a beta, but it does work.

It can be downloaded from the Public ifsoGUI Files download section of my website: http://www.ifso.net .

It is written using ifsoGUI for the interface. Source code is also available, but you will not be able to compile it unless you own ifsoGUI, as it requires the ifsoGUI mod.

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#2]
Here is a screenshot from the editor:

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#3]
looks pretty good

ShadowTurtle(Posted 2009) [#4]
is it possible to open a new/additional ifsoGUI instance in new window?

Corum(Posted 2009) [#5]
Cool!
What about SetAlpha method? ;)

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#6]
Had a quick play with it. Looking good already!

One thing I noticed though that when I previewed my creation everything still acted as if it was in design mode.

Dabhand(Posted 2009) [#7]
Wow wow wee wow, oh la la lar! :)

Dabz

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#8]
Htbaa, yes, right now, you can only look when previewing. You can't play with it. :)

Corum, Alpha is there? What do you mean?

You can Multi-Select gadgets holding down the control key. When multi-selected, you can do the alignment stuff, move them as a group, resize them as a group, and change some common properties.

If you select a panel, window, or tabber (any gadget that can have children), when you add a gadget, it will get put into the highlighted one.

It was kinda a rush job as I wanted to get something usable out there. Now, I need to go back and clean it up, add more functionality, and make it easy to add new gadgets to it.

Also, while building this, it gave me this feeling that I need a properties gadget. So, I might make one to put into the next version of this GUI editor.

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#9]
ShadowTurtle, I am sorry, but I just do not understand what you are asking? What do you mean by a new ifsoGUI instance? You want to use more than one skin at once?

If so, it is possible. What you do is set the GUI to use one of the skins, then you would have to individually load a different skin for each gadget you want to use the second skin. I am actually doing this in this editor. As the toolbar buttons across the top are using a different skin, that have a transparent blank image for the normal image and a button for the mouse over image which makes the button appear when you mouse over them.

Also, in the editor, you can load a different skin for any gadget you add as well as set a default skin for your final output.

Corum(Posted 2009) [#10]
Corum, Alpha is there? What do you mean?

wndWindow1.SetAlpha(.96)

Compile Error: Identifier 'SetAlpha' not found
[... mio.bmx;53;1]
Build Error: failed to compile ... /mio.bmx

It seems SetAlpha method isn't implemented yet, in every level of gadgets hierarchy.
Maybe do I forget to import something?

EDIT:
Understood! I copy/pasted the GUI editor generated source, which produces SetAlpha() calls instead of SetGadgetAlpha() implemented into ifsoGUI_Base type. :)

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#11]
Ahh, yep, a bug. Easy to fix. Thanks.

Edit: Files on the site have been fixed.

ShadowTurtle(Posted 2009) [#12]
sorry for my bad english. I was long enough with the puki-mytherium. It is like a virus..

i need two bmax windows. In one is a property dialog. Into another one is a another property dialog.

the base: one source, 1x ifsoGUI
result i want: multiple windows in wich runs one ifsoGUI.

is this possible at moment? Is it hard to implement this feature in ifsoGUI? How much time is needed to implement? months, weeks?

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#13]
I still don't think I am understanding you completely. ifsoGUI just uses the standard DrawImage commands to draw its graphics.

If you can draw in both windows, ifsoGUI can draw in both windows.

You would have to supply some sort of example code that does what you want for me to try it and be sure I am understanding your exact situation.

How do you draw in two different windows in BMax? I wasn't even aware you could get two windows open?!?!