Enemy Inbound

Community Forums/Showcase/Enemy Inbound

Zeotrope(Posted 2009) [#1]
Been working on this combat simulation since 2004. Still no end in sight....but thought I would share some YouTube video's I made. Still firmly in the development stage, these two videos showcase some of the engine's hardwired features.

Be kind.

Click here!

Click here!

GIB3D(Posted 2009) [#2]
That's awesome, the only problem is the water sound. It's like getting slapped.

*(Posted 2009) [#3]
Nice, what is it written in?

Zeotrope(Posted 2009) [#4]
Yeah, water 'entry' is a little harsh. Most sounds are placeholders and or replaceable.

Written in B3D.

Foolish(Posted 2009) [#5]
Wow. Nice work

beanage(Posted 2009) [#6]
The engine looks like a pretty powerful system. Have you kind of a fullscreen- desktop ui? Does look so.. cool.

Zeotrope(Posted 2009) [#7]
BeAnAge....no desktop functions at all. The UI is custom made to the look n feel of a generic operating system. A window based editor / UI for use IN-GAME. Not Windows DLL's etc.

Saying that, the response time is fine at the moment. Not sure how smooth the interface would run with all graphic options turned up..and with all 32 enemy running around the engine at once.

Bit more info: The game plays itself. You are optional. Whether or not you play is not a problem. The base you are to protect will eventually fall into enemy hands if you are not there to protect it. You have an armed medic that responds to radio calls for medical assistance. Once he dies, you have to stay alive without the aid of your medic. No health pills or power-ups. So, makes sense to protect your medic (stationed at the base - mid map)

-----------------------------------

The above info roughly describes 'Dune Island'. At the time of writing, this is the only level / theatre available for the engine. However, it is a vast arena consisting of around 30 Square KM's of land mass, ocean and geographic data.

Saying it looks like BF1942 is a compliment. I started this project in 2004. Much has changed in the way of Hardware and DX versions. Most of the Models are mine, and are only placeholders. Same with the sound. So any model / sound / GFX updates are easy. The basics are there....just need to make it look a lot sexier.

As an engine, I am very proud of it. Thinking hard to finish a few loose ends and releasing it (free) to you savvy code vultures.

PS: There's lots more than what you see in theses two crappy videos.

Hassle me and I may release some more.

Zeotrope(Posted 2011) [#8]
Hmmm....just revisited this project....cant seem to get it to run anymore....something to do with Fastdll or something....my code throws up all sorts of errors such as..

Function SHOWCLIPPLANE not found. Ive forgotten what I knew. Help.

Vorderman(Posted 2011) [#9]
Sounds like you've got the wrong FastLibs DLL in your project folder compared to the DECLS that your B3D complier is using - try updating to the latest version of Fastlibs.