COBEX - Cruising on Broadway Extra (released)

Community Forums/Showcase/COBEX - Cruising on Broadway Extra (released)

The Caffeine Kid(Posted 2009) [#1]
I've been working on this for a little while with the help and blessing of the original author who released Cruising on Broadway for the ZX Spectrum many years ago.

This version is enhanced and probably a fair bit easier as the original was a very brutal game.

A simple concept but hopfully enjoyable too. Please let me know what you think.

http://www.tcksoft.co.uk/downloads/remakes/cobex-cruising-on-broadway-extra/

Big&(Posted 2009) [#2]
Excellent job Caff, nice little game there. Thoroughly enjoyable.

markcw(Posted 2009) [#3]
Cool. I like the neon style. How do you do that blurred horizontal bars effect?

Are you planning on porting your games to BMax for Mac/Linux support? Or would that be too much work?

The Caffeine Kid(Posted 2009) [#4]
This game is made in BlitzMax. :)

I could make a Mac PPC version as I have a G4 but just wish I had an Intel Mac and could make a universal binary.

I've recently updated my OS on my PC to Windows 7 and not had chance to install all my old software - I might at some point try to get an Ubuntu working on here in a virtual machine and see if I can get a Linux version done then.

Cheers guys.

degac(Posted 2009) [#5]
Nice game, its' funny!

markcw(Posted 2009) [#6]
You could get a Mac Mini Core on eBay for around £200 (without accessories). I'm thinking of getting one myself as it's the cheapest Intel-based Mac.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#7]
just wish I had an Intel Mac and could make a universal binary

And with a single-click, if you had the relevant 3rd-party tools installed. :-)

Looks good. I remember playing the Speccy version.
But I'll wait til there's a Mac version before I can try it.

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#8]
I saw the speccy version in the store but never bought it because I thought it was going to be rubbish :)

Not a bad little game, very well programmed and polished!

The Caffeine Kid(Posted 2009) [#9]
Cheers guys. That's the plan, Brucey but not while I'm stony broke.

I was hoping the high-score board access donation-ware model might work but so far I've had absolutely zero donations. The only people on the score board are people who helped me with the game or have helped me in the past who I gave a key to.

Looks like I won't be getting an intel Mac any time soon. LOL

markcw(Posted 2009) [#10]
Ok, I don't mind donating something towards an Intel Mac.

You should say you're broke on your website, might get some donations that way. Selling software is much better than donations though, maybe you could sell a TCK framework.

The Caffeine Kid(Posted 2009) [#11]
Wow cheers mark, you have taken my Cobex donations cherry, and it's very much appreciated!

Now please try to topple Bob from the top of the high scores I haven't even come close. Obviously I could cheat but cheaters never win. :)

The Caffeine Kid(Posted 2009) [#12]
I've just added Mac & Linux builds to the download page but they are not very well tested and may or may not even work.

I only have a Windows PC here so I can't test them myself.

Can someone please grab them if you are on either of those OSes and let me know if they work and if they work well enough?

Thank you!