Try 'Balls' my new Free Game...

Community Forums/Showcase/Try 'Balls' my new Free Game...

Arowx(Posted 2009) [#1]

Click to Download the PC version of the game in Zip file 3.3 Mb

Anyway Balls is my take on the Collapse style puzzle game I hope you find it fun, it's free!

It has only taken me a couple of days to write the game (re-using some existing code) and a couple messing about with blender to create the graphics!

I won't say who this game is dedicated too, you know who you are! ;o)

Warpy(Posted 2009) [#2]
Yep, that's a collapse game. Good for just a few days' work.

I won't complain about the obvious colourblindness problem, but I'm not sure I like the hollow balls or whatever they are left behind in the background after you remove the coloured balls.

therevills(Posted 2009) [#3]
Pretty good Arowx...

I did noticed that the game quickly displays "GAME OVER" when it tries to work out if there are any more moves available when you get near to the end and you still have a few valid moves left...

jsp(Posted 2009) [#4]
Very nice.

This could also work as an event based games which sucks a bit less cpu power. Are you calculating all the time the valid moves?

Arowx(Posted 2009) [#5]
Warpy - yep I always go for too colourful but I'll blame it on my monitor, cheers!

Therevills/jsp yep should change it to more 'event' and state based to reduce cpu usage.

Like I said just chucked this together... will work on v2 once I've finished playing around with blender!

Warpy(Posted 2009) [#6]
Ah no, I meant my colourblind eyes can't tell the difference between the kinds of balls

Jesse(Posted 2009) [#7]
Nice. But it doesn't fit in my screen 1280 x 800.

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#8]
how about i collapse your face in with my fist
j/k

not bad for a couple of days