Sauer Snake

Community Forums/Showcase/Sauer Snake

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi everyone,
I was bored tonight so I threw a little game together. It's called Sauer Snake. It's basically snake but with a different control scheme and a little bonus feature. Nothing too special, but I thought it was worth sharing because I think it's fun to play.

I am curious to hear how well it runs on older machines, as it runs at 60 FPS on mine but I can certainly imagine it running slower, as many calculations are being done for collisions. Holding down the F key displays the FPS at 0,0.

It's completely media free, and I'll post the source here as well as pack it with the .exe. It uses bounding boxes and circles for collisions (no Blitz commands), has a rudimentary particle effect, and demonstrates (what I believe) good code structure.

Ok enough blabbering, here it is:

Download Link (.zip)

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#2]
And the source:

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#3]
Cute.

I must say, though: I find it *way* easier to control the snake when swapping the left and right input keys. I don't know why, but I found the default input to be very counter intuitive, and kept crashing into things until I swapped them around.

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#4]
Yeah I think you're right xlsior, I changed it myself and noticed it was a little easier.

Although, I can't get the bonus no matter what the control scheme... I always end up running into the wall!