B3D - Ruff 'n Tumble Remake

Community Forums/Showcase/B3D - Ruff 'n Tumble Remake

Anthony Sherratt(Posted 2009) [#1]
I don't think I've ever posted my remake here. As its (hopefully) coming to an end I thought it would probably be best to correct my mistake :) Its a remake of the classic run and gun platformer from the Amiga, Ruff n Tumble. For any of you that have played the original, the remake will have the following..

- Improved/smoother scrolling.
- Faster/more hectic gameplay.
- Original soundtrack.
- Updated graphics.

Here's a couple of gameplay clips showing it in action.

Level 4-1 game play clip
Level 1-1

...and a few screen shots.

Level 3-2
End of level meanie from level 3-5
Level 2-4

The game itself is pretty much complete code wise with only bugs and tile graphics to finish. I'm hoping to have it completed my the end of the year or if the Christmas games get in the way, at the latest early 2010.

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#2]
Hey thats great looking and seems to flow nicely

Shagwana(Posted 2009) [#3]
Looks very nice

MGE(Posted 2009) [#4]
Screw making it a remake, this looks ace, do something original and sell the damn thing! This looks like a really nice tile engine!

SpaceAce(Posted 2009) [#5]
That looks great. I agree with the person in the Youtube comments who said your game looks like an Apogee/Epic Megagames product. I love a good platformer.

Seriously, this is inspirational. I'm a great beta-tester, if you need one.

SpaceAce

beanage(Posted 2009) [#6]
I don't think I've ever posted my remake here

Does this mean forgot about this because you've been busy producing somnething more awesome? L O L

Grisu(Posted 2009) [#7]
Do you need tester?

Uncle(Posted 2009) [#8]
Im so looking forward to this one :) I've been following your progress for what seems likes years over at RR, but I never knew you were writing it in B3D. Can't wait to actually play it.

Panno(Posted 2009) [#9]
wow you grab all with winuae and recolor all sprites ?! you are mad ;)

looks great

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2009) [#10]
Yah this is very well done :-)

SabataRH(Posted 2009) [#11]
Very nice nice, it's easy to see you put some time into this one. Congrats.

Defoc8(Posted 2009) [#12]
AWESOME!!!!

Foppy(Posted 2009) [#13]
I am also looking forward to play this, very impressive.

I was wondering how you made this video, the quality seems to be 100%! I used Fraps myself to create a few clips but have yet to find out how to not make it look very bad. (But I suppose having such a good looking game to make a clip of also helps!)

Blitzplotter(Posted 2009) [#14]
looking good.