Roland's software draw

Community Forums/Showcase/Roland's software draw

stanrol(Posted 2009) [#1]
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=daa221b0c689aa150f83d91f6dff7c388420aa53d949449379b5ba589d1986ba

screenshot

http://www.blitzbasic.com/gallery/view_pic.php?id=2056&gallery=&page=1

YouTube video off my app in action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GorSk0JU9A0 *deleted

I'm back on psychiatric drugs, risperdal, which explains why my health is getting better.

The new v2.113 with network support, tell me how to make it work
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=daa221b0c689aa150f83d91f6dff7c388420aa53d949449379b5ba589d1986ba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wMZdiYhWaw*deleted

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#2]
without any screenshots or description its kinda hard to tell what it is... what is a software draw? a software 3d engine? a software 2d engine?

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#3]
A lotto?

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#4]
This is not a put-down, but all three of the posts that rs has made have left me scratching my head.

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#5]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/gallery/view_pic.php?id=2056&gallery=&page=1

this doesnt help either :)

GIB3D(Posted 2009) [#6]
I think it has something to do with shopping at Coles and trading shares?

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#7]
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

GfK(Posted 2009) [#8]
The fact is, nobody [of sound mind] is going to click on a Mediafire URL like that, with no screenshot or description, and run whatever it downloads.

Its polite, if not pre-requisite, to at least tell/show people what they're downloading.

Warpy(Posted 2009) [#9]
Man, I wish rs was me in secret, that looks like it makes no sense at all.
And the mediafire file has disappeared apparently.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#10]
Tough crowd in here today...

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2009) [#11]
I'm not sure what this is meant to be either. Software rendering of lines to a pixmap or something?

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#12]
integer out of range <- thats zx spectrum talk for
I dont understand

I actually thought it might be warpy or Amon trolling, but then I thought nah... its just too good.

Picklesworth(Posted 2009) [#13]
I don't understand the fCoder.com watermark. It must be a clue...

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#14]

That is "photoshopped", so no it doesn't really help :(

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#15]
Seems strange to me that rs hasn't returned to this thread to explain?!?!

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#16]
Seems strange to me that rs hasn't returned to this thread to explain?!?!

Maybe he doesn't know, either?

GIB3D(Posted 2009) [#17]
Roland's software drawing 41 points

That's odd considering theres only 7 points, if its just that weird Hexagon + line sticking out. Maybe its the purple box because if you look on the blitz IDE, it says "purple.bb".

beanage(Posted 2009) [#18]
Ok, my theory:

- the purple box is "bg.bmp". look at the code.
- the fcoder.com watermark is because he uses an unregistered version of a software xyz to make the snapshot. So .. one should tell him about the <Print> Key?
- The program looks like.. he was just testing bb. You see the text at the left top screen corner? "Today I was shopping @Coles"; "2 + 20 = 22" .. That looks like it's the first time he used DrawText(). Then he dicovered types, and.. suddenly he wanted to make a cad program with all those nice commands.
- He made it, that he was able to add points that are connected with lines on MouseDown. Look at the screenshot. Thats why the app is buggy telling about 41 points instead of 8. He wanted to draw 8, but as he clicked the mouse, points were generated in masses. because of MouseDown. You mustnt read it "Software Drawing", but "Software is drawing 41 points" i think.
- So here he should be informed about the MouseHit() command?

- After all, if this was really rs' first program at all, i admire him for his learning curve. Thats what he can be proud of.

[edit: maybe one should also tell him how to enable the iTunes miniplayer?]

Matty(Posted 2009) [#19]
Going by the stuff about the ASX, Coles, Wesfarmers on his screenshot makes me wonder if he's an Australian?

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#20]
makes me wonder if he's an Australian

That would explain a lot :-p

ShadowTurtle(Posted 2009) [#21]
suddenly he wanted to make a cad program with all those nice commands.

This reminds me on myself ^^

My result was this:

:D

beanage(Posted 2009) [#22]
Never mind, but I'm not sure if this is realy comparable to the overwhelming quality of rs' cad program.

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#23]
My result was this:

What did you write that in?

beanage(Posted 2009) [#24]
Look at his website, it's PureBasic if I read it correctly.

ShadowTurtle(Posted 2009) [#25]
[off-topic]

What did you write that in?

BlitzBasic3D. It took ~4 years and supports layers + animation system (object&timeline base) + bezier curve editor (every timeline-dot is controlable) + timeline-dot interpolation setting (bounceEaseIn, strongEaseIn) + animation preview + lightmaping etc.

it's PureBasic if I read it correctly.

I wrote a 3d world loader in purebasic (opengl) to make a all-compatible DLL for use in C++ and some other languages. With the 3D-world-loader i wrote a little 3D-Engine, too. A loader for blitz3d is included.

The only problem here is, my english is bad and the software supports only the german language :/

[/off-topic]

stanrol(Posted 2009) [#26]
i don't see how mouseHit() stops masses of points being generated ona mouse click.

SpaceAce(Posted 2009) [#27]

i don't see how mouseHit() stops masses of points being generated ona mouse click.

MouseHit() is only true once, MouseDown() stays true until you release the mouse button. So, if you hold down a mouse button, MouseHit() will test true the first time, then false every frame after that, while MouseDown() will keep returning true frame after frame. Even if you only hold the mouse button down for fraction of a second, you could end up with dozens of tests of MouseDown() being performed.

SpaceAce

stanrol(Posted 2009) [#28]
MouseHit() is only true once, MouseDown() stays true until you release the mouse button. So, if you hold down a mouse button, MouseHit() will test true the first time, then false every frame after that, while MouseDown() will keep returning true frame after frame. Even if you only hold the mouse button down for fraction of a second, you could end up with dozens of tests of MouseDown() being performed.

SpaceAce

updated, will upload new version soon.

LineOf7s(Posted 2009) [#29]
I don't suppose you read the rest of the thread, where everybody was wondering what this even is?

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#30]
well at least he put up some videos now. I see what it is now... so can you like host a game on one computer and join it with a nother computer and both people can draw???

stanrol(Posted 2009) [#31]
well at least he put up some videos now. I see what it is now... so can you like host a game on one computer and join it with a nother computer and both people can draw??

correct, but not fully working.