Work in Progress RPG Video

Community Forums/Showcase/Work in Progress RPG Video

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hello,

As some as you know I'm working on an RPG, and I just wanted to show everyone what I've been up to. This is just a couple of rooms to give you an idea of what it's like.

Best to view in full screen, sorry it has no sound. I'm not out to create mind blowing graphics but at the same time if they're atrocious I'd like to know (got them online anyway).

Oh well rather than go on and on here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83WHmUi9Ijg

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#2]
looks like an interesting rogue-like,
I would use blitzmax if i were you though

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#3]
Yeah, BlitzPlus is the only Blitz product I own but I'm getting along just fine with it.

Nice_But_Dim(Posted 2009) [#4]
Just watched the video.Very nice (Sauer).I love this sort of game,keep going guy.

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#5]
Why thank you :)

Zethrax(Posted 2009) [#6]
Looks like it's coming along well.

I'm glad to see you're starting with a relatively simple game. I started with an FPS about 7 years ago, and I've yet to come close to finishing it.

Matty(Posted 2009) [#7]
Looks simple but quite complete and polished for such a game.

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#8]
A tile based RPG offers the advantage of having a conceptually simple engine yet allowing a lot of flexibility of the final product. Also, because I'm using pre-made graphics and designed a simple UI, I can spend my time working on the story, building puzzles, and composing the music.

My overall goal is to create a smooth playing, entertaining game, even if graphically it's not the prettiest. I want it to be puzzle based but I feel it also has action potential, especially when you get ranged weapons and the enemies have more complicated AI scipts.

Thank you for the kind words, it helps motivate me to continue. Any suggestions are welcomed.