MiniPlayer

Community Forums/Showcase/MiniPlayer

degac(Posted 2009) [#1]
Today I decided to make 'my' own mp3 player (yes, the world needs another one!)

http://www.graphio.net/download/MiniPlayer.zip

Updated: 04th october 2009 - rev. 042 - alpha

The player is based on BASS.dll (and of course thanks to Brucey's wrapper for BlitzMax).

'second' view

Of course this is an early ALPHA, so many things are not fully functional or absent.

Grisu(Posted 2009) [#2]
Cute app you have there... :)
If you need a German translation, let me know.

Some stuff:
- I would add an extra button to the very right, so you can switch to the other buttons (MOUSE RIGHT)
- Add tooltips for the buttons. Else Brucey might slap you for an unintuitive gui ;)
- Add a tooltip (currently played song) if your app is minimized

degac(Posted 2009) [#3]
If you need a German translation, let me know.

Thanks, but I need to design all the application before.

- add an extra button: I can think to this...
- tooltips...this a little more difficult! The 'toolbar' is a 'panel' with a pixmap, so I can have only one tooltip :P (Intuitive GUI?! What...ahahah)
- tooltip when minimized: it should be already...(just checked and I've implemented it)

degac(Posted 2009) [#4]
I update the first link to 0.3 - Alpha, and edited the post too.

I decided to change the GUI behaviour to a 'more' standard way (following the Grisu's guideline...)

Grisu(Posted 2009) [#5]
Working fine here.

Btw: Do you have a cross platform code that keeps the application "always on top"? Saw that in the options.

degac(Posted 2009) [#6]

Btw: Do you have a cross platform code that keeps the application "always on top"? Saw that in the options.

...ehm! no!!
To be honest at the moment I'm designing the application only to run under Windows: when I'm fine with it, I'll start to test on the others platform (to see what works and what doesnt' of course :D)
I made some little changes (rev 0.4), more stable with new skins and localization (spent some time to retrieve mp3 ID info...but it seems now to work fine).

Grisu(Posted 2009) [#7]
Thanks, will check it out.

degac(Posted 2009) [#8]
I've uploaded now (13:11 of 4th oct 2009 - Rome time) the latest rev. 04-alpha.

Go to the options window and click DONWLOAD to download other skins and other languages (at the moment only italian).

I need to add some changes & addition before considering the localization file complete.

degac(Posted 2009) [#9]
Updated to 0.42-alpha...stupidest bug ever!